Yi too OP and uncountarable!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mullsork

01-06-2010

I was playing warwick and an opposing Yi was hard to control. I slapped a thornmail on my fancy wolf. While I was doing my ulti and beating down twitch I watched Yi drop to half hp from attacking me, and I was basically at full hp the entire match. Thornmail truly rips him appart.

I see two things wrong with Yi: his jump-spell & his ulti. The range on that jumping spell is ridiculous, you can't avoid being harassed early game because even if you run he's still gonna reach you. Not to mention the ridiculous kills a Yi can get by using it (1 guy runs, 1 guy stays -> jump on the first guy and you'll still reach the other one).

His ulti is ******ed, if your team has no stuns (for example if you're fighting 3v3) it's just crazy. Exhaust NEEDS to blind him. His ulti combines two summoner spells, and several other spells into one.

I'm 30 now, and I was still struggling with Yi's until a month ago. The biggest problem with Yi, to me (RHYME), is when he jungles. On the other hand I hate junglers alltogether.

Shalos

01-06-2010

Don't forget, his jump spell can also be a weakness. Just step back under the tower before he gets to you...

Executioner's never hurt anything against Yi, either.

Basilisk9466

01-06-2010

Some heroes can eat him for breakfast, even supposed squishies. I've killed a Highlanding Yi midgame with Karthus just by turning Defile on and spamming Lay Waste on myself. Nidalee's burst is truly vicious. Kind of amusing the way these forums twist and turn, loads of NERF YI threads a short time ago, and now this one turns up...

The only thing that pisses me off about him (or the biggest, anyway) is his tower killing potential. If someone can take down a tower from full health before you can even finish teleporting, something's wrong.

CryHavoc

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladou View Post
I'm not really concerned, but i have been told those facts many times before, just wanted to make sure, cz i never saw any thread about Yi being OP or that he shouldn't be played.
.... what?

Did you bother looking through the forum?

Here, let me help you out a little bit:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...isplay.php?f=4

Solasce

01-06-2010

Rules for playing against <Insert Carry Here> => Master Yi

1. Don't feed <Master Yi>
2. Don't let <Master Yi> farm unchallenged
3. In team fights, disable <Master Yi> with stun/blind/knock-up and burst him
4. Buy Warden's Mail/Frozen Heart to mitigate <Master Yi>'s auto-attack damage

But really, don't feed and he's a non issue