Yi too OP and uncountarable!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zack1996

01-03-2010

Quote:
Yi is good for chasing down runners. I've seen noobs with the ability to kill Yi but choose to run and get killed instead.
QFT.

Yi is for chasing. Unless he gets extremely fed, 2 or more champions should be able to thrash him, given that they have a disable.

The only thing that Yi is imbalanced for is his Ultimate. Seriously, it removes Exhaust (100% miss -_-), Teemo's Mushrooms and loads of other buffs that slow. Frankly, it doesn't make him unslowable, it makes slowing abilities completely useless.

If your team has no stun, Yi is a hard counter. Otherwise, its relatively easy to cast him to heaven.

Let's take a DotA example, Troll Warlord. Troll Warlord is rarely used in higher level games due to his inability to support the team and the other reasons that Bait stated.

Yi isn't uncounterable. I've seen my brother get a Gangplank with 100% critical and 25% lifesteal along with 300 damage thrash him like a bug. It was insane :P

Yi just seems incredibly powerful because of his ability to kill loners and escaping enemies. If your team sticks together, Yi isn't much of a problem. Just take him out quickly in team fights.

BTW, Bad team mates are the worst thing against an Yi. If everyone choose to go seperately, its feasting time for Yi.

As long as you control him early, he won't be much of a threat.

PS: I once played a game which was pretty much 4v5. I was defending base the whole time from Super Minions while my other teammates pushed. They thrashed the whole team (including a rather fed Yi) hard. 700 crit on every attack killed him.

THORNMAIL ON TANKS BRINGS HIM HELL!

Purutzil

01-03-2010

Yi is counterable by cc... meaning pretty much all team cc and focus on him. None the less considering that aspect yes hes very OP. Gear dependant hero that can get the gear he needs without needing to be fed. The only way for him to not get good is to kill him early on and if its a competant player they won't allow that.

Basicly Yi needs a nerf but so do all carrys. Once the carry nerf happens then I can see Yi being nerfed in his own regard down... perhaps his passive being nerfed for a 2nd hit doing only 50% damage or something along those lines.

Right now Yi not fed can pretty much take on 3v1. If its an even 3v3 fight then chances are hes going to rip you apart unless cc is focused and the rest of the team hes on is trash.

Unemployed Ninja

01-05-2010

uncounterable? pfft bring your yi against my rammus my rammus build is a living nightmare for any DPS champion i eat DPSers alive i dont even have to do much tap a couple buttons buy a couple items and they end up DPSing them selves

yi is by far the easiest DPSer to get to commit suicide hes so squishy that he kills him self in a matter of seconds and it doesnt help them that most yi players have large egos due to usually doing well that they never really pay attention to the fact that while my HP is dropping some theres is dropping like a fly

for that matter bring yi against my malph build its also a DPS nightmare but i wont just let you commit suicide ill knock off 75% of your HP before i let you do it :P

all in all im not trying to brag im by no means a great player im just saying yi is easy you counter

want a non twitch champion to beat your yi? take on a good jax your gonna be stunned every couple seconds and the longer your fighting him the faster hes gonna be dealing damage to you not to mention if you dont run before your at half hp from jax your already dead if that leap strike doesnt kill you even a 1 second stun will and that leap strike gives him the perfect chance to use it

Fbsunny

01-05-2010

It's true that there are counters to Yi, but if your team has little or no stuns then there is no way to counter him. Since it's all double blind picking you can get screwed if you don't get a stunner on your team (especially in pugs). Imo if his ult only got rid of the slow from exhaust and not the blind (like Remove Scurvy does) he would be much less close to being OP.

Also the fact that Rammus can take him on 1v1 is not necessarily a good counter. If the Yi is any good at all he will not be targeting Rammus (except for the duration of taunt) and then you can watch your other 4 team members get killed by him while you are waiting for him to attack you again and kill himself.

Unemployed Ninja

01-05-2010

while what you say is true bunny a "good yi" will also be more than strong enough to commit suicide within those 3 seconds of taunt and my ult smashing him to death yi has so little HP that it drops like a fly not to mention that by the time taunt is over its practically back again

Borbag

01-05-2010

LOL @ Yi. We can him Master Feed. Master Feed on the other team means a lose for the other team. Kill Yi x2 in the beginning and you wont see him again. He will run off and try to creep to catch up. He wont Def turrets. He will be useless. Dont Get me Wrong if Yi is fed then he become hard to control. But really who feeds Yi other than so budget lvl 10's.

Chingmeister

01-05-2010

Yi is actually just an inferior version of Sivir. Lower damage, range, utility, pushing ability, and not a deciding factor many team fights. Also weaker at the start of the game. Just blow him up. No CC required.

Hard counters are Cho (knockup>silence>eat), Sion > Ult + Right Click, Lifestealing Sivir (Ult + Right Click, Amumu (Stun + Ult), Alistar (Send flying), Tristiana (send flying, right click), Anne (burst stun), as well as everone with the huge aoe ults (Nunu, Gangplank, Kat) that cause group fights to disperse. These are just some of them...

Now try tell me how to stop a Sivir with spell shield up, 3 bloodthirsters and a frozen malet from wiping your entire team out in the 6 attacks she can get off in three seconds with ult, spellshield up, and ricochet on. It's 400 damage for the first hit plus 800 bounce damage an attack (1200 per attack total) for around 7k damage...about 6k after armor and boomerang. By the time the spellshield drops at the end of three seconds your team is wiped. I don't even save spellshield to defend against spells since I know the fight will be over by the time it goes down...

Yi is a pushover in comparison and can at least be harrassed and denied gold since he is melee. Have you ever tried harrassing a lifesteal stacking/ricochet Sivir? it's pretty tough...

CoVi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

Any kind of CC shuts Yi down in a sec. (except slow). The only big problem comes when you are facing a team consisting of Kayle, Yi and Morgana. In that scenario you're preety much F***ed up.

To5uN

01-06-2010

I am level 24 ATM, around 1:1 win loss ratio, and have never feared Yi in the battlefield. As long as no one wanders off solo, he can't get a kill.
I play a variety of chars, and lets see how it happens:

Kayle: Cast bouble on the player Yi is hacksawing and wait for highlander to end while his lifedrain is also canceled. He either changes target, runs away (and gets sloved by my nuke) or dies painfully.

Singed: Slow the other team with adhesive, create a poison cloud and throw him in the middle of party. Get the free kill and return fighting normally against the other 4 guys.

Kassadin: Teleport in, silence, sheen or lichbane, slow (which happens in 1sec). Now that he has probably less than %50 hp so watch him die or teleport away before he can finish you if you are not so lucky.

Mundo: Just get sunfires or a thornmail, coupled with armor and huge hp pool, effectively disabling this carry.

Yi: Get a healing reduction blade. you are hitting the same damage, he is not life stealing as much. Alpha strike during his highlander so he wastes some of it. You have better than 50-50 chance of getting him now.

Ryze: Unleash nukes, snare and run, unleash another barrage before your ult fades if he doesn't run.

Annie: Stun with any of your spells. Activate flame shield and get a thornmail if you are the high priority target. Pray your teammates see him.

Sivir: Cast speed buff. He can't catch me. My teammates can catch him.

He is squishy as hell for a melee in teamfights and can be countered with like every champion I have seen. He may be great one on one, but he is fragbait even against two champions. So I don't mind him very much. I also like playing him and doing backdooring-assassination missions if the other team is playing stupid.

Tho, after a teamfight, he can finish of a wounded and on CD team. Twitch can finish of a team behind a tower without getting into tower range. So can Gangplank. So can Ryze with a little help. So can Yeti. So can Fiddle. Heck, even Amumu or Nasus. He is not overpowered.

GNOY

01-06-2010

You playing bugged hero actually, cause Exhaust and some abilities not working with his ultimate as intended, well, some other heroes have bugs too, but they in no way help these champions to be stronger. Other than that, Yi is fine, maybe even weak in higher ELO brackets.