Yi too OP and uncountarable!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyfe

01-02-2010

I would think that after you've played 200 games you shouldn't be that concerned by the opinion of 1 random scrub in a gamee qqing about yi being OP, btw

Vladou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

I'm not really concerned, but i have been told those facts many times before, just wanted to make sure, cz i never saw any thread about Yi being OP or that he shouldn't be played. I like playing fair, and was told that by playing Yi i was being unfair to other players. I just want to play fair and enjoy LoL but the flaming in LoL is even worse then it was in DotA lol, i can't even believe that every movement that you do is monitored by other teamates and then they start flaming once you chose moving left instead of moving right....

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

pft, under the right conditions, blitzcrank can 1-2 shot yi.

Monxide

01-03-2010

Imo yi is just fine, he has a hard counters such as rammus, blitz and katarina(not sure about kat if yi has a sword of divine)

aanallein

01-03-2010

teemo blind > yi.

Stellos

01-03-2010

Rammus: Taunt + shield = Yi? where is yi?

ZWulf

01-03-2010

Yi is good but only against newbies.. A veteran would see to it that he is countered well and see through his weaknesses that a newbie cant. However, Since champions differ in every game, feel free to adapt and adjust. Still Yi is really good on most games.

DaGhost

01-03-2010

there is a yi named titmouse who is lvl 18, he is god-awful. Easily worst yi i have played with, and i play yi to know he sucked the big one.

GnomeChomsky

01-03-2010

Yup, Yi has hard counters as already said. Throw in Alistar as a hard counter as well.

Yi has to run in to do his damage and is not a stellar early game hero.

As you reach mid-high ELO you barely ever see Yi. The most powerful hero in the game right now is Twitch. A good Twitch player completely changes the dynamic of the game. If your team makes one mistake with positioning/initiating regarding the teamfights he will dominate you by being patient and pressing 'R'.

It's so bad right now that the best indicator of who will win is who has Twitch on their team.

Having 2-4 Exhausts on a team is pretty common at high tier as well, and since Yi has to run into your face he's much easier to land Exhausts on in teamfights than Twitch.

Synxxx

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeChomsky View Post
Having 2-4 Exhausts on a team is pretty common at high tier as well, and since Yi has to run into your face he's much easier to land Exhausts on in teamfights than Twitch.

That's all well and good, but Highlander makes him immune to the blind effect on Exhaust.