Yi too OP and uncountarable!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vladou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Sorry if any threads have already been done on this.

This post is for all the noe Yi players.

I've been playing Yi since closed beta, i'm at 109/91 win/lose ratio, i probably didn't play Yi les then 10 times in that ratio and the last game i played, i got this guy, LuyiaK telling me that Yi is too OP and that he has no counters, and that i should stop playing him since he ruins LoL. I was told that i wasn't playing him as best as i should of so that doesn't make me a pro, which i don't think i am, but i'm good, in my opinion. In that said game i had a score of 9/5/11, i had a singe with a 15 kil ratio and a Warwick with an 11 kill ratio, the only thing that might of made us win is the fact that when we had a 4v5 team fight, i was told to bd they're mid inhib, which i did, and we won shortly after.

So i ask, is Yi so OP and uncountarable that he shouldn't be ever played, unless you're noob?

And might i had, how is he not countarable? Imo stuns own Yi.

MXE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Anyone who says that ANY player is uncounterable (especially Yi) is not thinking logically and just spouting off out of frustration.

Want evidence? You have 91 losses, which means he was countered 91 times :-P

Vladou

01-02-2010

I was told that my losses were probably due to some "bad teamates"... Should this be the only reason to play Yi?

Bait

01-02-2010

yi is weak. in high elo, yi is rarely ever played.

reason 1. no aoe
reason 2. squishy
reason 3. no cc

he is good in 1v1, but he dies if there's any stun or fear. in higher elo games, people like stuns so yi = useless.

Vladou

01-02-2010

Those were the exact thoughts i had about Yi in high ELO, Bait. Still i think that well played he can do good in high ELO.

Dariana

01-02-2010

I`m not on high Elo... not even close - i`m level 11 summoner ;P.
Yi is easily focus targeted and nuked from my experience. I had more problems with Shaco, for example (i hate twin-copy!).

His weakness (much like Eve`s) is his squishiness.

Tenmar

01-02-2010

Yi is fine and is easily counterable. The hard part is just coordinating with your team to disable yi and there are more than enough champions capable of doing that. He is a very squishy hero when stunned or feared and will drop like a rock with mass aoe.

Yi can be deadly when he is a vulture.

Vladou

01-02-2010

Just needed to make sure Yi wasn't really ruinning the game cz that LuyiaK was telling me that Yi ruined LoL high ELO.

Hyfe

01-02-2010

Cleanse and frozen mallet help immensely if you have survivability issues.

This thread is full of fail. Yi is no more OP than other carries (twitch). And he's not useless in high elo.

He's a fairly straightforward carry, just requires better timing and itemization in higher elo wheras pretty much the same item build and balls to the wall strat can rape low elo solo ques.

Vladou

01-02-2010

What you added is true Hyfe, those spells/items help for survivability, but i was being told that Rammus/Malph/Mundo/Singe or any other tank couldn't whitstand his dps, and he even added that Mundo was 3 shotable with his build, which i highly doubt.