Heart of Gold - Which tanks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logo

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPikachu View Post
just practice your last hit skills and gold items like these become useless in a game. LoL already makes it easier since you can't deny stuff, if you played DoTA that is. But other wise its not hard to calculate the timing for you to run in and get that last hit. it just takes alot of practice.
Actually good last hit skills is what makes these items worthwhile. If you can pull out a really fast HoG (I'd say <6min) then it's really worthwhile. The nice thing about HoG is the stats are really good and the 5g / 10s is just a little bit of an extra boost.

For example Sivir with a <6min Philospher's stone is really good. It usually means you can have Stone + BF sword by 12-14 min mark. Then you can sell by 20-25 mins when you're high enough level to no longer need the regen (and buy a catalyst instead).

I'd get HoG if the following apply...

1. You aren't the one responsible for getting Aegis (get that first instead)
2. You are having a really fast early game farm

Zekk

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novendar View Post
Rammus is not a turtle, he is an armadillo.
Close, but he's actually an Armordillo.

MeanBean

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVizard View Post
I don't use that thing i usually get Sunfire Cape or Thornmail. The main reason why that thing works great for Rammus because it looks like a turtle's shell, and Rammus is a turtle.
This logic is absolute.

Kingk0Opa

01-08-2010

I though Rammus was a Hermit crab?

DarthBaio

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekk View Post
Close, but he's actually an Armordillo.
Personally, I recently (in the past few minutes) thought up two schools of thought to further explore this issue. According to the lore, Rammus was an armadillo who, through the power of magic radiation, achieved sentience; afterwards, he decided he wanted more than his natural armor, and in a clever pun, started referring to himself as an Armordillo.

The basis of the two schools of thought I just concocted revolve around one issue: how important is one's self-image when being classified as a being? The first philosophy is that everything becomes what it was created to become. The second philosophy is the individuals have a choice as to what they become.

Personally, I lean toward the second philosophy, simply because I wasn't born to be an underachieving insomniac who plays League of Legends all night until it makes him think he's a philosopher: becoming all of that was my own personal choice. Therefore, in my eyes, Rammus is, in fact, an Armordillo.