Teemo item build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xxbigpimpinxx

01-02-2010

Hey guys, I made this build because i was torn between two good builds. I decided I would sort of combine the two. Basicly this item build gives you good movement speed and attack speed but it also keeps you at good health and ability power so you dont get pwned late game. Well, here i it:
1. Dorans Blade, so you start with an added health and damage boost for early farming
2. Berserkers Greaves, For an added movement speed and attack speed for good harrassing
3. Malady, to get to a good amount of attack speed
4. Rylais Crystal Scepter, For a big boost of health and AP so you can get kills midgame
5. Wits End, To put your attack speed at a max for amazing damage
6. Phage, For health so your pretty much a beast by lategame

Well hope you like, give me some suggestions please!

Basilisk9466

01-02-2010

As builds go, it's incredibly confused. What are you trying to do with it? You have some heavy AS items, but virtually no damage ones (Wits End is circumstantial, Phage sucks for damage), so your DPS is pretty low. Rylai's? Seriously? Ditch it, upgrade Phage to Frozen Mallet and get Black Cleaver if you can afford it. You get more/similar health, you slow on autoattack instead of ability (which don't have the best CDs for slowing with) and you get a huge damage boost.

Some characters can get away with hybrid builds. Teemo isn't really one of them. Pick whether you want to be a DPS carry or an AP harass and stick to it.

I also have my doubts about Doran's items in general, and the lack of regen items in particular on your build. Lifesteal from Malady alone won't be enough IMO. Even my straight carry Tristana build snatches up an Emblem of Valour ASAP for some native health regen.

Alexious

01-02-2010

I agree with part of what Basilisk says... you really should go one way or the other with Teemo. I mean, you spend all this gold building up your attack speed so it kind of seems like a waste not to pick a high damage item like Black Cleaver. And he's right that the Frozen Mallet is also great for Teemo.

I also have a Teemo related question for the seniors: what is the cap for life-steal? I tried having two Malady items at the same time and I felt like I was stealing more... but is that true? Or is that idea a waste? In general I would like to keep adding life-steal over buying regen as you suggest.

xxbigpimpinxx

01-02-2010

Thank you for the comments ill write this stuff down

MrSARS

01-02-2010

terrible build. I play teemo a lot.
1. doran's shield - survivability
2. zerker boots
3. last whisper
4. blood thirster
5. infinity edge
6. frozen mallet
7. infinity edge again

Synxxx

01-02-2010

Malady > Zerk boots > Madred's > Last Whisper (Game should be over, if not; Phantom Dancer > Infinity Edge).

2.47 Attack speed with Madred's is INSANE.

Basilisk9466

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
I also have a Teemo related question for the seniors: what is the cap for life-steal? I tried having two Malady items at the same time and I felt like I was stealing more... but is that true? Or is that idea a waste? In general I would like to keep adding life-steal over buying regen as you suggest.
There is no lifesteal cap. You can even make it go over 100%, although it would basically be by getting five Bloodthirsters or similar, so it's not practical. My usual Tristana build, however, has 60% lifesteal when the BT maxes out and sometimes goes even higher.

However, don't stack Maladies. Such a waste. Go Starks as a second (or first) lifesteal attack speed item - slightly less than Malady, but more lifesteal, an armour debuff, health regen, and most of that in a spiffy aura.

Since it's inevitably going to be remarked now, I challenge the know-it-all who'll say "Don't take Starks, let the melee do it" to explain why you can only have one Starks per team.

Synxxx

01-02-2010

Stark's isn't great on Teemo because ideally you aren't going to be running into the thick of things constantly. You're an extremely high-priority target for focus fire, so flanking the enemy during a team fight (and shrooming their escape) is what you want to be doing.

Let one of the other phys DPS get Stark's, or skip it entirely. If you build properly you'll be AS capped anyway and the extra LL isn't going to save you.

Basilisk9466

01-03-2010

Now you see, you skipped the question as everyone does. Why can there be only one? The debuff is a nice bonus, not the core of the item, which is shockingly high health regen, second best lifesteal and a great AS boost. As a result, I don't consider it essential to put it on a melee, or someone who has to go in close.

Starks might not stack, but is that really a valid reason for only having one? If one of the stats is wasted, fair enough, although Teemo can stand a fair amount of AS items...

Primithras

01-03-2010

I usually go for the following build, out of 10 games it usually gives me 7/8 wins.

1) Health Potion
1) Doran's Shield
Just for the survivability, you're going to do mid so a little extra hp and hp regen doesn't hurt.

2) Berserker's Greaves or Mobility Boots
This depends if you need the extra attack speed or want to flank your enemies endgame with a mobility speed of 550.

3) Last Whisper
Must have for the armor penetration and attack speed early on.

4) Infinity Edge
By the time you have your Last Whisper you will notice your attack speed is about 1.5 and your damage 100, so in order to get a major damage boost, crit chanche and double crits I tend to buy an Infinity Edge.

5) Zeal
I tend to get a Zeal right after my Infinity Edge, extra attack speed, crit chanche and movement speed and it's fairly cheap.

5) Stark's Fervor
Lifesteal / Attack speed / Hp regen, nuff said. ( If sivir has one in your team buy a malady. )

6) Phantom Dancer
Completing the Zeal.

7) Malady

If the game lasts this long I tend to sell my Doran Shield for a malady which gives Teemo the full 2.5 attack speed and alot of life steal.

Tips always welcome.