Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Promote : realistic and potentially fun suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

immp

01-04-2010

some good thoughts flowing in thread now,one of my original thoughts was use promote to upgrade stage1 minions INTO stage2 minions *grunts into gunners*.Adding the extra OOMPH of cannon to proUnit could be good too.Having it both ways could work as it would req TWO promotes to create ONE proUnit IF there was no cannon present already.
IF the skill was made fast they would need to reduce the proUnits stats.

The tower dmg aura really was the selling point of original promote,so i feel like we still need it even if it lives on the champ and has a low duration.I used original promote alot simply to help with normal tower pushing and attacks.It makes a pretty big difference when you have SEVERAL teammates beating on the tower

Wisewind

01-17-2010

I wish they would bring this back soon, I used this effectively with alistar just for normal laning and not that broke 5 man non-sense. I would say just place it on a small timer instead of when it dies it goes away. Also take away the dmg buff, keep the siege buff and reduce the armor buff. Mastery would give it longer duration and/or an attack bonus.

Mirtrius

01-17-2010

A simple way to fix 5 man promote really is to just make the promoted units have an aura that debuffs (really debuffs) nearby promoted units, so if you have more than 1 near each other then they have very little effectiveness (basically just normal creeps)

Simple and effective.