Promote : realistic and potentially fun suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

immp

01-02-2010

simply make promote spawn a gunner/cannon minion on cast,the minion would be scaled the same way all other minions are.Rename promote -> Encourage or it could stay as promote.I like the sound of promote even if its actually MAKING troops and not 'leveling' them up

Since its going to summon a normal stage2 minion make promote enhance the champion with the Tower damage aura.Remove the defensive bonus effect.The aura would last only several seconds.Tower damage aura increase will probably be less than it was
*see below*.Naturally Devs make all the final number decisions so the only numbers i am going to bother offering are :

CD - 30s,yes thirty seconds --> it spawns a simple stage2 minion hardly gamebreaking

promote mastery -> cd reduce 5s <five>
:while promote is recovering from use all minions in range gain atk/arm/mr that scales with champion level.
This makes it so you can generate troops a little sooner and beef up the nearby grunts.IT also gives ppl the choice to use it more often to empower the troops OR WAIT for the tower assault and use it for the tower damage buff since the Tower aura will probably only last a few seconds

with the promote-master and presence of the master provided its possible it would be a cdr of 8-9.5s depending on how its calcd,so a 21ish second troop maker also hardly gamebreaking

Heck they could even remove the Tower dmg aura,i dont mind,although it honestly was the reason for using promote .
I just want to be able to make troops again
*hint**hint* i would like a champ who makes troops too *but not heimer*

at any rate i am eager to see what changes await promote..or if it is ever even returning to the field of justice.Thankyou and godspeed

Lumaca

01-02-2010

If creeps have 50 armors, they'll be tougher than heroes. Malphite with cloth shield has 47, IIRC.

Just saying...

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

>creeps with 50 atk

you REALLY havent done the math have you? im not even going to go into it, but if you just thought a little harder, you'd realize how stupid your numbers are.

immp

01-03-2010

can i get feedback on the core concept : speedy troop generator ?

edited top post in reflection to this ,thanks,good looking out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumaca View Post
If creeps have 50 armors, they'll be tougher than heroes. Malphite with cloth shield has 47, IIRC.

Just saying...
i do agree that right out of the gate it would be too much.Maybe if the SS-aura scaled with time/champ level,it could start lower and grow.I dont remember if original promote mastery added to atk/def of the promoted,i think it did a minor amount.I was just wanting to throw a little love in there.But if they added it scaling would certainly be the way to go,even if it ONLY added DEF mods,make the little scutters a bit tougher

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Why not simply making Promote upgrade the Cannon minions only. Considering that these creeps only spawn once every 3 creep waves, you can't possible abuse it with 5x Promote.

Kaitor

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
Why not simply making Promote upgrade the Cannon minions only. Considering that these creeps only spawn once every 3 creep waves, you can't possible abuse it with 5x Promote.
That can work... if we are promoting the unit the levels are

Normal unit > Cannon Unit > Clown on a ball (old promoted unit)

We could even get 2 lineage of minnions... the melle and ranged units

so it would be something like

Normal melee unit > Mounted unit > Clown on a ball

Normal ranged unit > Cannon Unit > Balista or a catapult

So to promote a regular minion to the level we had before you needed to waste 2 promotes on one minion

Lumaca

01-03-2010

I don't know how adding normal creeps would be beneficial to you. It would give enemy extra exp. Add a Zilean in the other team, and watch them go 2/3 lvls ahead.

Dreampod

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
I like this idea!

Actually one minor change that could avoid it being quite restrictive in when it could be used is that it could upgrade the different minions types differently. The cannon minion could be upgraded to the old promote with the buff, melee minion and caster minions could get increased damage and toughness, but without the buff for surrounding units. Stacking promote would still be possible, but it would be much less effective in general and would more likely be worth getting cannons promoted in multiple lanes.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

A while back, it was suggested on the Adjudicator forums that promote be AoE, making all creeps in a wave slightly more powerful (limited to 5/6 creeps to prevent massive promoted waves). This would potentially have the same effect while preventing stacking. Brackhar wanted to try it out, but it never got implemented, and I have no idea what the status of it is now.

Edit: Found the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
So I think I'm going to try implementing this for next patch. I'll probably limit the number of dudes that can be promoted to 5/6 in the AoE so it's not uber effective on those large waves.
That was back in early November. Maybe an update would be nice?

Zeron

01-04-2010

Numbers aside, I think the issue with the OP's suggestion is that it makes backdooring maybe a little too easy.