Help with AMD Quad Core Processor(Chmpions Freezing/Skipping)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Euphorios

01-03-2011

Hello All,

I had bought a gaming laptop for Christmas with a AMD Phenom Quad Core 1.6GhZ and 4Gb RAM and 1GB RADEON HD 5780 MOBILITY. Everything is running perfectly except the characters in game(whenever there are 4 or more on the screen) freeze and jump around the screen, I beleive it is the AMD processor error, but when I switch the affinity to single core it does not help at all, in fact it makes it worse. I also have gotten game booster and even purchased the premium version and this still is not helping my processor issue. Can anybody assist me further or give me any further advice? I would really appreciate any help anybody can offer, I hope I did not waste $1k on something that will never be able to run LoL... I had got it for my fiance for her Christmas present and all she wanted was to be able to play LoL on it! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you,
Will

Euphorios

01-03-2011

no advice?
T_T

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

Hi Euohpri0s,

Make sure you don't have any boosting or overclocking enabled (EG: Some motherboards have a 'turbo' mode or 'high' mode which can overclock, or you may have done it manually) as this can cause problems. Also make sure that your power mode is set to high performance, and not power saver or anything like that.

Euphorios

01-03-2011

You recommend turning off game-booster? I know that LoL requires 2GhZ, so I thought that if i overclocked the 1.6ghz core to 2ghz it would help but this doesn't. I am pretty sure that the error is with the Ghz and not the video card or RAM, because it is a common AMD issue. I'm unsure if game-booster overclocks anything or just shuts down all other processes. I will look to see if there is any overclocking occurring. Thank you for the advice!

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

Game Booster shouldn't touch your processor, at least to the best of my knowledge it doesn't. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if League of Legends has multi-core support, or how good it is. If it's bad or simply non-existant, it may be your processor is unable to handle it at 1.6GHz/core. Personally for a game like League of Legends I would prefer a 2.8GHz dual core over a 1.6GHz quad core :-(

But adversely, I've seen overclocking CPU's on certain boards cause problems...

Euphorios

01-03-2011

Yes a dual core 2.8GHz would have been a better choice, but I was not expecting LoL to not utilize multi-core as it is a very new game and I figured it would have that technology. T_T I cannot return the $1K laptop, I really hope that I did not waste all that money.

ohboyimmaPOOP

07-17-2013

this does seem to be a multi core issue. I ran into the same problem when i switched from dual core to quad core. it is still a problem, and I had to turn all my graphics down to low (some very low) to correct for it. Turning off Vsync in the game's video settings made the biggest different, but it still stutters...but it is playable now. It may be that a huge re-write is necessary to correct this problem, and they're not going to do it until a majority of players start to have quad cores and complain.