Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League Clan Interface Integration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isaiha

01-03-2011

I would like to suggest a new system of competitive play and PvP on League of Legends. Also, this new system will allow people to make clans, talk with the other members of their clans in a clan chat channel, etc. This opens up possibilities of making league of legends not only a more fun, competitive playing environment, but also a more social community of gamers.

Some of the ideas/suggestions thought of by me and those who have posted on this thread to consider adding apart of this new system:

1) A easy-to-use clan interface where you can create a clan and set up officers in your clan. The ability to create or modify ranks in your clan. The ability to set up a clan "Avatar" or picture as a representation of the clan. You can set a "message of the day", delete, add, promote, demote members.

2) The ability to create a personal clan calendar and schedule events like season one/two tournaments or inner-clan tournaments. Or, if not that, but a way to see what's up and coming in the week as far as league of legends events. What if my clan wants to do an in-house 5v5 game between our members? we want to dedicate a day for that. What if there is a cool tournament or livestream coming up? we can see that also.

3) I notice the achievements section of a summoner profile. How bout integrating that with the clan also in the future. Maybe ones league of legends clan can earn achievements on
How long the clan has been around? Majority of members reaching a certain ELO . Spectating 25 or 50 games. This list can go on and on for individuals and clans.

4) Have a section of the clan interface for PvP matchups between only clan members and/or other clans. This section/page/tab will involve being able to set up a match against another clan or "go to war" with another clan. The more ranked games won by a member of a clan, the more points.

Or have it where you can set up matches with another clans members and see who wins. This idea can be changed or reworked a bit, but the idea of competitive play amongst clans should remain.

5) Clan Information and website links. The ability to provide clan information, a recruitment message, and a link to a website would be nice. Maybe a link to "follow us on facebook or twitter" as currently my clan is doing that.

6) If you consider using VoIP, a clan voice channel would be nice and if doesn't slow down your game, even better.

7) Clan vs Clan Rankings - Comparing Stats with percentages, graphs, etc.

Top 5-10 Ranked Players in the clan. Top Gold Earners in the Clan. Top Player with Most Champion Kills in Clan. Etc. etc.

ADDED SUGGESTIONS BY POSTERS IN THIS THREAD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Prizmatics:
Bumping for awesome sauce. Also include Clan Tags with this while you are at it. If you don't include a clan menu, at least add an option to put a clan tag before your name.

Quote:
Iowaska:
Clan tabs / clan chat / organization (calendar perhaps) would be awesome! BUMP!

Quote:
Bane Wraith:
War Campaign Mode, and Factions (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=811563) " , an awesome suggestion featuring Server-wide Faction wars. ^_^ These might be Sub-divided into clans that follow particular ideologies ( Read into the comments... ).

Quote:
RogueBuffalo:
I'd like to have a clan. My friends and I would have more of a reason to play competitively. Clan rankings would also be a great competitive aspect.

An interesting suggestion/question arose 7 pages into the thread. It is as follows:
Quote:
Deadsim3:
A clan interface would make sense for preexisting clans, but how do you propose to stop people from spamming clan creation? its a great idea and i like it but things like that should be addressed. (Riot may be more willing to look into the idea the less work they actually have to do on it). having fully established clans play and be competitive is fun but if they can simply be user created then how many 2-3-4 man clans will there be out there cluttering up the severs?

i have some ideas but as this is your post i would like to hear your thoughts on it first.

My answer to this is this:
Quote:
Isaiha:
best solution to solve clan creation spamming is implement a way to not allow actual creation of a guild/clan without the pre-existence of 10-20 members. Think of it like World of Warcraft. Everyone knows how WoW guilds are created. you buy a charter, you get 10 signatures, and turn it in to create your guild. these 10 signatures are the people who will join you in founding the guild.

The same idea can be implemented in a way in league of legends, however since were working with adobe air, it will have to be along the lines of a "clan search" section. You can search for clans that are new and looking for more to get started, or already setup, and are looking for more players to join the ranks.

These names can be changed, but for our discussion purposes, I named it as the following:

A) Starting: Clans listed as 'Starting' or 'New' can be searched for and joined to reach a minimum cap to physically create the clan. Starting clans need 'X' amount of members to get a profile, page, guild roster, and all the things that come with the clan system. Players can join up if they are looking to help establish and create a clan and have the leadership attitude about them.

B) Established Clans: Clans listed as Established are ones that have met the requirements to create a clan. They have members, a profile, a roster, and a chat channel in place for them to use.

-Casual: Casual Clans are ones that Players can search for if they are looking for already established communities and just needing an easy transition and a group of people who just like playing together and having fun.

-Hardcore: Hardcore Clans are ones that Players can search for if they are looking for competitive tournaments, matches, and players. This clan will be consistently seeking to achieve success and glory in the battlefield.

-Mixture: Mixture Clans involve ones that Players can search for if they want an active fun community, but also sometimes want a competitive feel to it. (my clan currently does this.) Ones that will have tournaments on occasion, have training available, or ones that may just have clan matches as their competitions and have fun while doing it. Whatever it is, it mixes casual and hardcore together.

So again, to answer the question as best I can, to prevent people from spamming clan creation, just implement a way to only have it where people who want to make a clan can click "create clan" and it will tell them "you must have X amount of people to be given a clan interface (e.g. roster, info, clan administration, etc.) That way it reduces that actual amount of "clan interfaces" being created from people just clicking "create a clan".

Possible OTHER suggestion to the issue of clan creation spamming
Quote:
Isaiha:
I would like to re-address the issue of the "Clan Creation Spamming" mentioned earlier in this thread.

After thinking about it, one better way to reduce Clan Creation Spam is by utilizing the ranked teams. What I mean by this is, everyone practically has their own ranked team. If not, they may soon will.

I suggest Ranked Teams can be "upgraded" into a clan possibly by "merging" with another team. That's 10 members that become a clan or maybe a "league" you can call it.

They get more features and the ability to add more people to their "league".

Suggestions will be posted as more replies and suggestions are made in response to this thread. Thank you all for your ideas!

RIOT, There are many other reasons and ideas that we can come up with, but I truly think the integration of a clan system would be awesome and would promote your game, League of Legends, in big ways.

Isaiha - Leader of the Paranoia Gaming Community

Moon Stone

01-03-2011

YES, We need this!

Would bring a nice competitive aspect to the game.

ZeonTheUnborn

01-03-2011

I agree. This would greatly bump up the competitive aspect, and bring up the skill level of a lot of players.

Interius

01-03-2011

/agree

milf and cereal

01-03-2011

+1
/agree

Isaiha

01-13-2011

bump

Rescuee

01-15-2011

This is exactly what I was looking for

ShadePopping

01-15-2011

How about we call the clans a LEAGUE?

Isaiha

03-17-2011

bump IF YOU LIKE THIS POST AND AGREE WITH IT

Isaiha

03-20-2011

bumpy