karthus, anivia, yi, twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

thanks for the comments. as said, not a major buff for anivia and karthus, but i agree, they are fun, for people like me(fairly good), but a buff to market them, and a nerf somewhere else to be more attractive to newbies(not noobs). yi and twitch are still broken, if no one has stun, yi rampages all over the game, even if you FF, there are still 4 others to own your *****. twitch is impossible since he can stay away from wards and oracle, and 4 other to kill oracle holders, ^^.) then again, just suggestions. make the game more all around, for newbies and pros alike(im in the middle) XD

Ragamor

01-03-2010

The problem with Anivia is that her usefullness is somewhat neglected by your enemys team summoner spells and champion abilitys. Flash or ghost spells or alike abilitys make Anivias wall very lackbuster, or even harmful to your own team success.

Most often the best wall is at ability level 1 or 2 as it does not block your own teammates but still slow / hinder your enemy for a brief moment, forcing them to walk around the wall or use up a spell / ability. Imo wall should not grow for each level, but rather be mush easier to spam it for a brief moment, thus allowing the ability to be useful no mather how lucky or unlucky you where at enemy champion selection.

Also Anivia is really slow, so you almost forced to buy boots of switftness if you want to be where it counts, as many of your abilitys is all about timing and placement, this seems a bit counterproductive design choice as it makes Anivia to situational.

Her Frostbite should be changed into a skillshot that are spammable to give Anivia something to do when stuck in her many deadtimes between her cooldowns. Maybe also allowing it to hit up to two targets, making it pierce the first target and hit another behind it, thus making it a interesting ability for a champion that costs so much.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

for anivias wall? umm, lol? there are many pro wallers out there, and i may say im "kinda good" at it. but still, the wall is fine, imo thou. but keep the suggestions coming. a long wall means, in clash, place it in the middle, divide the opponents some to be in the back so they are delayed/ cant help, then the others are infront to be FFd on. ^^

Zack1996

01-03-2010

People may say I'm crazy, but I personally think Karthus has an absolutely fail level 1 Ultimate.

I mean seriously, 250 magical damage? Chances are, the champion is already dead by the time you finish channeling. Otherwise, they've already healed. They just see the Ultimate and hit heal.

However, his other abilities are really powerful. I once played against some rather new/newb players and I thrashed them. I just set a wall down and turn on defile while I spam Lay Waste. The ultimate Nuke at only 40 mana and 1 second cooldown . It does epic amounts of damage if you aim it properly, and has an insanely sweet cooldown. Defile is almost as good as Rammus' Ultimate, maybe even better. The only thing I dislike is his Ultimate, but its still pretty awesome.

Now we come to the unpleasant topic of Twitch, the Broken Rat.
Expunge rips out your health early game. Just pick Exhaust (maybe get the mastery for Cripple or just take that built in slow), stealth in a bush/anywhere and wait. Once you think its safe to go for the kill, break out of stealth and hit. They may not even notice you because you have range When they do, slow and stack up the poison. If he has 2 levels of Expunge, 6 stacks would mean 240 damage. And remember the 6 attacks? That's about another 240 - 300 damage. At level 4, Twitch continues whacking you while you try to run, but its useless, because he has an ally ready to rip you apart.

And Spray and Pray owns too much. Full damage in a line? What the heck is that? 5x dps?

Felipethegreat

01-03-2010

Karthas just got buffed.

Yi is a low hp Champion. ANY crowd control, blind or stun wrecks him.

And as for Twitch...

I COMPLETELY AGREE! Twitch needs a nerf. I have played so many games in which we contain Twitch aka don't let him farm or get kills. And he will still wreck my team after 25 minutes. Yes, I know he is a late game Champion. But he rips tanks and everyone. Will low life Champions run around with oracles? NO! Will tanks be able to kill him? NO! Especially if his ult is up!

VMan7

01-04-2010

Yi and Twich are jokes to Anivia/Evelyn/Ryze.

EchoRex

01-04-2010

I keep saying it, and I will always believe Karthus's ultimate needs to be true damage like Cho'gath's ultimate and Malady's proc. But with reduced scaling to AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
Yi and Twich are jokes to Anivia/Evelyn/Ryze.
Fixed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
Yi and Twich are jokes to Anivia/Evelyn/Ryze/Annie/Blitz/Udyr/Teemo/Rammus/Alistar/Warwick

Ragamor

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycsadist View Post
for anivias wall? umm, lol? there are many pro wallers out there, and i may say im "kinda good" at it. but still, the wall is fine, imo thou. but keep the suggestions coming. a long wall means, in clash, place it in the middle, divide the opponents some to be in the back so they are delayed/ cant help, then the others are infront to be FFd on. ^^
Im far more likely to score a triple kill / quadra kill with Twitch then im to wall off the enemy team or a enemy player with Anivia. Wall are supposed to be Anivias big support ability, but it's just so extremely situational combined with a long cooldown.

I have played Anivia for more then 130 games and have done some nice things with her wall, im just saying that the wall isn't a ability that changes the dynamic of a team fight like it should, because an Anivia trades damage for being able to support, but right now dps is the king and her wall needs to be up to pair.

hashinshin

01-04-2010

If people start using high IP cost for reasons why champs should be buffed, then made better than other champs, then left OP... I'm gonna have to kill the cutest baby seal ever.

Ragamor

01-04-2010

High ip cost != Stronger Champion
But high ip cost does indeed meen that the champion should be more special, and more fun.