Shaco: armor pen vs. crit dmg marks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tymed

The Council

01-01-2010

Hi, i cant decided which is better. the 24.76% + crit dmg or the 20.25 armor pen you can get for marks. This is for the character shaco. Obvious ur stlh attack will go off just crit dmg. While both ur stlh and main auto attack will go off the armor pen. For this reason I am currently using armor pen?

Does anyone believe that crit dmg is better? If so please explain. Thanks.

EastJesus

01-01-2010

If we are just talking marks and you don't plan on getting a full book of either then the crit damage runes will provide you with more burst on your deceive and your crits. Most of the time I build shaco the only +crit item I pick up with infinities edge giving you something like 30% chance to crit. Meaning that more then likely it's a matter of burst vs sustained.

The crit Runes will always help you on your deceive but the armor pen runes will help you with every hit and make your deceive hit a little harder. it's also a matter if you pick up last whisper/starks fervor regularly enough that you can get you enemies to the lowest armor possible.

There are a lost of factors but basically the crit runes will be slightly more bursty and make your deceive hit harder but the armor pen will make every attack including your deceive hit harder.

it's a matter of personal preference to which but I will say that if you stack a whole +crit damage rune book its significantly more effective because you will do unbalanced amounts of damage with deceive.

tl:dr doesn't matter but you need to build your items around it, armor pen for the armor ones and crit for the crit runes. And a full +crit runes book is so good it's op.

Tymed

The Council

01-01-2010

yeah i kinda get what your saying

Its either Full Crit Dmg Book

or

Armor Pen Marks / Quin and Crit Dmg Glyph / Seal