Short Amumu Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Ringwraith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

Short Amumu Guide

Amumu is a tank. Only play it as a tank. Making a AP Amumu would be like crippling it because the E ability requires you to get hit to fully utilise its effect.

Amumu's Abilities

Bandage Toss - Amumu tosses a sticky bandage at a target, it stuns and damages the target while he pulls himself to them. This requires careful aiming to hit, and can be used to escape or to attack.

Damage: 75/140/180/240/300

Despair - Drains the health of nearby enemies

Health Drain: 2.1 / 2.6 / 2.9 / 3.1 / 3.3%

Tantrum - Permamently reduces physical damage Amumu would take. Everytime you get hit, the cooldown for tantrum goes down by 1 second.

Damage: 75/100/125/150/175

Curse of the Sad Mummy - Amumu entangles surrounding enemy units in bandages, causing them to be unable to move or attack and take damage each second.

Damage: 50/100/150

Item Build

1. Regrowth pedants
2. Philosophers Stone, using the regrowth pendant
3. Ninja Tabi
4. Chain vest
5. Giants belt
6. Sunfire cape, using the chain vest and giants belt
7. Regrowth pedant
8. Ruby crystal
9. Giants belt
10. Warmogs armour
11. Sunfire cape/warmogs armour
12. Sunfire cape/warmogs armour ( the one I didnt choose before )

(You can also sell your philosophers stone later for a sunfirecape/warmogs armour)
(You can also sell your ninja tabi for a sunfirecape/warmogs armour)

Here is a picture from the endgame of this build.

*******http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5367/ownagelol.jpg********

Enjoy

Fbsunny

01-01-2010

This build seriously lacks any sort of MR whatsoever, good luck tanking if they have any good casters, and btw that score is good, but not great. Also i find the lack of boots a bit of a problem.

Demonskin

01-02-2010

Definitely I love merc threads for the magic resistance you should add some of those to that build. Maybe thornmail.

melek

01-02-2010

Dorans shield+a pot to start. Then I always get chalice/merc treads so I can gank early; Then I rush a giants belt.

Most early ganking is dependant on magic; I win many games with just chalice/treads. I use flash to big effect to bait and ambush.

The Ringwraith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Ya, I know. I had 4 other item builds, but I was to lazy to put up. I'll try and put up today.

Raiqualar

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Also, a skill build would be nice.

Exantius

01-02-2010

Chalice is better than Philosopher's. You can just hold onto the Regrowth pendant for Warmogs later or go for Doran's Shield. Chalice offers more mana regen and the magic resist is quite nice.

It's generally a bad idea to have tank builds solidified without looking at the enemy team. I've had games where I basically had to almost entirely ignore armor items since they were just loaded with magic damage. For most balanced teams that you'll see, 2 sunfire capes just isn't needed. Replace one with an Aybssal Scepter if you want to increase damage.

Of course, for those silly ALL PHYSICAL CARRY GO teams, go crazy on armor.

Standard skill build tends to involve one point in bandage toss and then maxing tantrum then despair, getting the ultimate whenever possible of course. Tantrum outdamages despair early on (and the passive is a bonus) and bandage toss is really only used to initiate rather than to deal damage. You don't ever really need to bandage toss twice in an early game fight either (nor do you have the mana to), so the cooldown reduction isn't too great.

Things are slightly different if you're jungling (Earlier despair, for the most part.)

Thalmodan

01-02-2010

I like getting despair to 3 early in order to help my team w/ dragon and get myself golem buffs then max tantrum > despair > bandage toss.

Also, if my team is moderate/heavy magic damage, I like going for the abyssal scepter after my first sunfire cape.