Need a bit of sion help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLee Tipsy

01-01-2010

Well i am currently building sion like this.

i get stun first..

build saphire crystal
build zerker greaves.
build lich bane
then begin to build the ap ring (the one that gives 100 ap and i think 15% more ap)
i think its called zornas ring..

i do pretty well.. pretty much stacking ap... making my shield and stun hit like a truck.. and the proc with lichbane is great synergy..

How do you feel about this build.. is it bad? slow.. ******ed.. good?... anything really just looking for pro advice on my sion.

SilentWarrior

01-01-2010

Boot should be Sorcerer's Shoes if youre going ap.

Raiqualar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2010

Either sorcerer's shoes or mercury's treads for the boots, and I usually go for sheen as fast as I can early game, with basic boots and upgrade later on. Sheen helps immensely early game because I'm pretty sure it stacks with enrage, and does tons of damage early.

RockLee Tipsy

01-01-2010

so with this build whats my goal..

i seem to be very slow building and end up with my ring about the time the game ends.. i do decent damage..

but i dont compare at all to the people who are stacking some odd 600 ability power.. what kinda damage should i be looking for with this build.

Raiqualar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2010

I suggest instead of building lich bane off of sheen right off the bat, to grab other AP items such as DFG or even RoA.

Domainoft

01-02-2010

Agreed Lich after seen makes sense if your going to be stacking AP anyway.

DrWes

01-02-2010

My AP build is :

- Mana crystal + 2 health pots
- Sheen
- Mercury's treads (or sorcerer shoes)
- Soulstealer
- Lichbane
- Zhonya's ring
- deathfire grasp/void staff/whatever

Skill build :
1 Stun/shield
2 Shield/stun
3 enrage
4 Shield
5 Shield
6 Ulti

then shield>stun>enrage>ulti.

Runes : full MP/5 (you really need it to be effective).

This build is very powerful if you do not die after you got soulstealer. If the game is hard you can take rod of age instead soulstealer (less AP but more HP and no kills dependance)

PS : sorry for my bad english :/

Loli Ahri

01-02-2010

I tried AP sion and liked it. But a lot of people say damage is better so idk :/

Gaeb

01-02-2010

I've been going a hybrid ap / phys dps sion lately. I do not claim it is the best, but in the 2 games I played recently where my team wasn't total fail, it worked quite well. I get shield, stun, then ult>shield>axe>stun (yes, stun last - not the normal AP build).

Doran's shield + mana pot to start (I want the survivability for early game and the hp regen till I get lifeleach later)
First trip back its basic shoes, meki pendant and/or faerie charm and/or mana crystal and/or Stinger if I'm rich... often some wards or pots.

Then it depends on my opponents and how well we're doing. If we're doing decently, I'll get a nashor's and start working on a malady, then either zerker or sorc shoes. I'll typically buy a brilliance pot as it's quite a lot of AP and fairly cheap, and Sion can farm creep waves like its his job.

Games haven't gone past that. Sion with his ult, 'd' maxed, & ap-boosted shield is a monster at tower killing with the attack speed from nashor/mal/zerker thrown in.

Ed: Other benefit to this route is that by leveling stun last, you're getting more hp from your high ranked axe skill every time you kill a minion - and with shield maxed, you kill a lot of minions.

wildfire393

01-02-2010

An early Lichbane will probably be doing less damage than Sheen does. You're better off going Sheen -> Archangels -> maybe another AP item like Void Staff -> Lichbane -> Zhonya's.