Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

List of heroes who can solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ENÐER

01-02-2010

Quote:
JunkRamen:
how do you deal with mid heimer

With aoe or a gank :P many champs can actually outrange his turrets (annie, anivia, tristana etc) and some champs can just wipe all his turret nest instantly and then he only has his rockets every 15 seconds for which there are potions and regen to help you with

Noth

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Whenever I play nidalee I'm constantly asked to solo mid and the only other characters that have given me problems is Hiemer and Tristana. So nidalee should be on the list of being able to solo mid.

Gaeb

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Many heroes can solo Mid... Janna can do it quite well (well, she can solo any lane quite well with Q-spam)

Nidalee definitely, her heal gives her ridiculous staying power.

JunkRamen

01-02-2010

Quote:
RBG ENDER:
With aoe or a gank :P many champs can actually outrange his turrets (annie, anivia, tristana etc) and some champs can just wipe all his turret nest instantly and then he only has his rockets every 15 seconds for which there are potions and regen to help you with
Heimer's pretty hard to gank, at least in my experience... His turrets protect and scout for him and then what we have is a situation where a lower level hero eats a high level Heimer's rocket to the face with turrets either hitting him or zoning for Heimer and the gank fails =\

Gatsbys

01-02-2010

Heimer is actually a pretty strong solo mid. With his rockets he can deny any carry mid, and thats quite an invaluable thing to have. Coupled with gank support, mid would get shut down completely. He's a great anti carry until mid-late game. Rockets will eat you alive and WILL make you port.

It's a strong strategy if you can let your carry solo another lane (only works if you have a jungler.)

IMSavior

01-02-2010

Quote:
HowlingKommando:
Indeed, some characters should never solo mid. One example would be Rammus. He's got terrible farming ability until level 6, so it'd be silly for him to do so.

I don't recommend Janna soloing mid either, as she scales poorly compared to most Champs. Her strength is in the early-mid game where she's above average, but most of her skills don't need high levels to be effective.

that is why you fail

Gaeb

Recruiter

01-02-2010

I had a fun solo mid vs. Heimer as Janna a few games back (I did not start solo mid, but our carry couldn't handle heimer) ... was very one sided, Janna has superior range and I went Chalice/Merc Treads so his rockets wouldn't be such a threat.

Near end of game he set up a turret farm under their last tower, which was wiped out in three tornadoes - would have been two, but he summoner-healed. Still, they can't move, and all his creeps were dead before getting in range of us because of Q-spam, so I was able to take my time and eliminate the turret farm before we moved in.

Steelrambo

01-02-2010

I find Janna to be a surprisingly strong soloer, as well. Because her tornado outranges just about everybody, she can harass and do a decent job of denying. Additionally, she has great escapability in the case of ganks, and she has great lane survivability.

I don't think tanks make particularly good soloers, mostly because they are melee and can't last hit at the same rate as ranged characters. Because of being melee, they also suffer when it comes to denying minion kills.

As far as Heimerdinger, I've found that as Teemo, I can generally take out his turrets. The best way, of course, is to AoE them to hell. It's important to remember that his turrets auto-target, and if you manage to get a minion in range of his turrets first, you should be able to get a few hits in on the turret, killing it. If you do this a couple of times, you'll get the hang of obliterating Heimer's turrets.

It's important to note, as relates to this thread, that no jungling character should be soloing mid. If there are characters that are not effective junglers compared to your Yi or Nunu who called mid, the latter should be jungling while the former should be soloing.

MrSARS

01-02-2010

TEEMO TEEMO TEEMO
1.You can shroom the **** out of the mid lane which usually gets pushed a lot and ganked a lot giving you an extra 3-5 kills because people like to walk into them.
2. He is based on your item build so it's important for him to farm and get lots of gold. I can usually do around 300 at level 15-17 and 350 at 18. You can also crit for close to 1000 damage often. He is a pro ganker so you want to level him fast so he can dominate.
3. Finally his blinding dart is great when soloing because you don't have to worry about receiving damage for 2.5 seconds giving you a lot of breathing room.

SuperStag

01-02-2010

Agrees with those who say TF ain't n1 solo mid. Have you went against competent Ryze/TF;Singed/TF or Alistar/TF? I have. And I got raped. IN THE FACE. MULTIPLE TIMES. O, and, u'll love Blitz/TF.
Also, whoever says Wild Cards are dodgeable is either a moron or he doesn't know that if cast from lower ground to higher ground it cannot be seen.
BTW, Gangplank ruins mid. I played Gang and had 6 when their Ashe had 3. She wasn't noob, I harassed her to almost death and denied w/ Raise Moral in my free time.