List of heroes who can solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

01-02-2010

A key to remember is that a hero that can capably jungle (nunu, amumu, yi, trynd, warwick) should NEVER solo a lane. If they want that quick xp/gold, they should be jungling and letting a strong mid-lane pusher or anti-pusher hold mid alone.

Tenmar

01-02-2010

Don't forget Heim if that hero goes rocket spec. I don't know what they did but **** those rockets are painful.

Melonyan

01-02-2010

I don't know why everyones so confident with TF solo mid, going so far as to call him the best solo is ridiculous. Yes his abilities are low mana and spammy, but the fact is they're so easy to avoid. I've personally first blooded a ton of TF's who thought they could solo mid against me while I'm playing katarina or Tristana. Wild cards are so trivial and can be dodged so easily. Pick a card doesn't stay up long especially after the nerf and you can harass him during cooldown. The only thing thats good about TF solo mid is that he gets level 6 quick and can make up for his fail in the lane by ganking. That and he comes with a free teleport so when he's getting harassed too hard he can come back for a "second chance". But actually, I don't think I've ever laned mid against a TF with Katarina and not killed him by level 6.

I personally like TF in a lane with someone else who has a stun or a slow. When you give TF a good lane combo him and his partner can lock down that lane, and TF doesn't really need to be mid to gank anyway. As soon as he hits level 6 he can gank anywhere, any time. In fact, when I played him I'd often telegank the other side lane by teleporting to the bushes as early as level 3. In my opinion while TF can sometimes solo mid decently he's just better suited for a side lane.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I just think TF is a really easy hero to lane against if you're solo mid, unless you just fail at avoiding his skills. His gold card really doesn't have a lot of range and he has a limited window in which he can use it. The reason it works so well is that he can easily take people by surprise with his teleport/ult, but when hes 1v1 against you in a lane he can't do that. You should want your solo mid to be as hard on the enemies as possible, because if they aren't then at the very least the enemies solo has a complete free farm.

My list:
Tristana
Teemo
Twitch
Katarina
Karthus
Veigar
Corki
Sivir
Karthus
Annie
Annivia
Fiddle
Ashe

Those are all heroes who in my opinion not only make good use out of solo mid, but are also competitive in a lane against another solo. By competitive I mean if they play well, they'll almost never find themselves hugging tower for their dear life and not getting the amount of farm you'd really like your Solo mid to have. Some are obviously somewhat better than others.

TF makes good use out of solo mid but a lot of the other competitive solos can make his life really hard during the laning phase if they're anywhere near competent with moving slightly sideways between/around wild card and not going in his attack range when he has a gold card. TF is the only hero with a ranged interrupt thats not only really squishy but really easy for me to shunpo, exhaust and death lotus without me having to worry about getting interrupted, which is saying a lot and exactly how a lot of solo mid TFs have 'met their fate'. Most of the time I don't even have to use my ignite on them.

Blugyblug

01-02-2010

Sivir and Heimerdinger are good soloers. Heimer cause of his turrets, they hold lanes so well and your turret will never go down =)

Sivir is a real strong pusher after she gets +attack speed and +attack damage with rchochet

mermin

01-02-2010

anyone with lizard

/thread

kijik

Recruiter

01-02-2010

If you're particularly good with him, Kassadin makes a dominant mid solo, I demand it myself when I play him.

Justification stands that his early game, and laning ability in that time is piss poor, so it's very much best to get him to lvl 6(9 for maximum potential) as fast as possible to allow him to destroy his lane and gank effectively. Laning until that point can be rough, but against an aggressive lane enemy it's simple enough to just null sphere last hit and bide your time, for it will come, once 6 comes, you can dominate 90% of the heroes that typically solo mid(sometimes dependent upon whether they have ignite or not) just stay aggressive at that point, try to always have a force pulse ready to send them home if they come to the lane.

JunkRamen

01-02-2010

how do you deal with mid heimer

SUMMONERFROMHELL666

01-02-2010

you should give the solo lane mainly to your carry. tank is also decent choise. for me the best solo mid char is corki.

poepli

01-02-2010

corki>annie>tf>ashe>tristana

rest is ok, can handle it quite ok but no real chance against the one i listed (of course if they know how to play).

i am not qute sure about heimar with rocket build since patch...
those rockets are really annoying...and i have to port back early with corki.
but when i hit lv 6 and got ulti itīs no real problem and while i am portet back he canīt push very much...so itīs just annoying but not very effective.

ENÐER

01-02-2010

Champs with whom I like to solo mid because they can carry well (in no particular order):
Annie
Ashe
Teemo
Tristana
Sivir
Katarina
Kassadin
twitch
Twisted fate
Corki

Champs that Can solo mid well but arent the best usually for the team unless the team specifically plans for it (again no particular order):
Anivia
Cho'Gath
Dr. Mundo
Tryndamere
Heimerdinger
Janna
Karthus
Kayle
Master Yi
Nasus
Nidalee
Morgana
Singed
Soraka
Zilean

Note: just becouse you can effectively solo mid lane during the laning phase doesnt mean you actually should. Take for instance nasus who is able to dominate a lane and can do extremely well but is generally played as a tank/pusher and should therefore not be your intended carry. Or master yi who after lvl 3-4 can effectively jungle w/o masteries or summoner spells can give you a solo lane in 2 spots after 5 mins into the game.

This is however just my opinion and I'm sure there are other players that will say otherwise and can actually do extremely well with any champ. These are just my picks