What happened to Kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xerocist

01-01-2011

Kayle needs imba farming to be good, she needs a solo lane and stay there farming for quite looooong time to be of assistance to her team.

The thing that really bugs me is her early game mana problem, u'll have to run mp5 seals and glyph to solve this problem but this just ain't right, champs SHOULD NOT be dependent on runes, besides aggressive lanes really shuts her farming down.

The other thing is her ULTI, i don't mind the duration but what use is it when i can't use it while stunned/silenced? trynd can use his ulti while stunned/silenced so why can't she? it's not like it's 5 secs invulnerability or somethin', it doesn't take more than 3 secs to kill kayle lol.

Ostroch

01-01-2011

Well in my mind most people just aim for value. Like Miss Fortune in my eyes isnt very good but costs 6300 IP. Then Kayle costs what 450 IP? People automatically Assume "Oh cheap champ she Can't do anything!" So yeah. and people who have played her generally suck or are only good because they got someone else irritating Or good in the same lane.

Dirtnugget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

They need to give her some small buffs imo.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

She's awesome except her ult is not really effective due to the massive amounts of AoE damage in the game. Her ult doesn't even last long enough to shield one target from some massive aoe ults, much less five.

BrainStein

01-01-2011

ye, she is hard to farm with

i do not know why they nerfed the speed bonus on her W, (at least they could buff it to her original 16% cap if 20% is too much)

about her ulti, i realize it is a big bonus regarding other "i can't die ultis"

but still most of those are still affected by CC, as Kayle's is, and still last for days!!

by days i mean over 6 seconds which was the original lvl 3 duration

and yes 6 seconds is too much, but 3 is underwhelming

the range could be shortened, for example

still i'd just be happy if they buffed the move speed bonus, it fits her style much better ^^

P.S. Also please, RIOT, can you get unmasked Kayle on Viridian armor?? been waitting for a new skin since season 1 start ^^

Supercrest

01-01-2011

What is the point on having her on the team? She can't tank, all the healers got nerfed so they are all useless, she can't nuke well because she does not have any nuke spells and she can't DPS well because she doesn't have any outstanding traits.

k245

01-01-2011

My brother plays her a lot and consistency wrecks people. Funnily enough, I've only ever seen one Kayle in my life that didnt completely suck, and that's him.

Few pieces of advice from him: early game he uses mp5 runes and Clarity (with Tele) to deal with mana issues, and rushes a Catalyst at the first teleport. With mana issues out of the way, he can usually farm pretty well with Righteous Fury, deal with harassment with Blessing, and harass with Reckoning. She becomes a laming monster that is ungankable thanks to her ult.

He then builds Rod of Ages first, then situational boots and Nashors, and the rest as AD carry items.

In teamfights, his mindset is versatility, not carrying. Need a little poke mitigation? Heal up. Need to chase someone? Heal your chasing carry. Need to slow an enemy chaser? Reckoning. Need to attack the enemy? Reckoning and RF. And of course, need to save your carry? Ult.

Too many people think of her as just a carry or just a support. She gives the team a little of everything, use her as such.

Edereon

01-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by k245 View Post
My brother plays her a lot and consistency wrecks people. Funnily enough, I've only ever seen one Kayle in my life that didnt completely suck, and that's him.

Few pieces of advice from him: early game he uses mp5 runes and Clarity (with Tele) to deal with mana issues, and rushes a Catalyst at the first teleport. With mana issues out of the way, he can usually farm pretty well with Righteous Fury, deal with harassment with Blessing, and harass with Reckoning. She becomes a laming monster that is ungankable thanks to her ult.

He then builds Rod of Ages first, then situational boots and Nashors, and the rest as AD carry items.

In teamfights, his mindset is versatility, not carrying. Need a little poke mitigation? Heal up. Need to chase someone? Heal your chasing carry. Need to slow an enemy chaser? Reckoning. Need to attack the enemy? Reckoning and RF. And of course, need to save your carry? Ult.

Too many people think of her as just a carry or just a support. She gives the team a little of everything, use her as such.
err... clarity+teleport...

MrStealth

01-02-2011

I actually made a thread about this as well, didn't know there was one running.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=424718
I should have used the search function...
Oh wait. T_T

RaspyTurnover

01-02-2011

I say she should be changed back to her old form.

Not the support version the older one.

Where her ult was her E and Fury was her ult.

Just tweak it around,make her Ult a toggle and E just a normal skill and lower her mana costs. Maybe make her ult give herself passive AS too.

So she might be a tad weaker than now early game but you don't have to worry about ranking her main damage up.