What happened to Kayle?

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaulOrNothing

01-01-2011

I crushed a pantheon mid with her a few days ago. Shes fine, people just dont pick her. Her ult is kinda meh now, though.

GambitAllStar

01-01-2011

Kayle is currently residing with many companions in the mediocrity valley.

BradMehldau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinara View Post
You mean Ezreal? Because MF has Double Up and MiR, Corki has Phos Bomb + Missile + Gat Gun, Ashe has Volley, Tristana has Explosive Shot, Sivir has ricochet and boomerang blade etc.

Also, Kayle is MELEE without righteous fury. In the laning phase, you won't have the mana to keep it on CD and you are squishy as fk to get into melee range.
Kayle being melee is easily solved by leveling up her heal. If need be, she can last hit that way fine absorbing a lot of harrasment. Thing with kayle is that she can outlane any champion because she has infinite hit points much like nidalee. If she wants to farm, no one is going to stop her.

I can get my rageblade in 11-12 minutes mark against heavylat harrasers like sion or kennen just because I can be completely focused on last hitting with the heal. Against weaker lanes like ashe, I can last hit and zone them out easy with a Q nuke and infinite HP.

When playing Kayle, you need to judge how your lane is going to play out.
If the enemy is a heavy harraser, level heal and last hit.
If the enemy is a pusher, level E and farm.
If the enemy is weaker than you in lane, level Q and harras and last hit.

Your goal is to last hit everything and farm because you are one of the hardest carries in the game.

BradMehldau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikon View Post
I don't even know why the nerfed her in the first place. She was one of the harder champs to use and not played that much. She was never over powered.
lol. Kayle was OP after her initial remake in june. It was not even funny. There were Kayles carrying everygame in high ELO.

Eddy01741

01-01-2011

Her 2 best assets are her DPS and her ultimate.

Her ultimate doesn't scale with anything, no way to improve it, it is how it is, and the way it is... it's not very good since the duration nerf.

Her DPS is only actually DPS when she's ranged... which is only 60% of the time without CDR, and 95% of the time with full CDR.

Aelloon

01-01-2011

She got nerfed a few times after her remake and fell off the map like she was before the remake.

Togec

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edereon View Post
40% CDR makes you ranged for 10 out of 10.8 seconds, that in itself is pretty stupid but Nashor's is great itemization for her.
Ya, I usually do pickup Nashor's in my build if the match time allows for it (Tear>Boots>Rageblade>then either Lichbane or nashors), and I do usually roll with 10.8 second cd on it, but still, her early game lacks from not being pure rdps all the time and instead having to use a 22 second expensive cd every time she wants to actually kill/harass someone and last hit safely, even though using her while shes ranged will push the lane.

Tinara

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMehldau View Post
Kayle being melee is easily solved by leveling up her heal. If need be, she can last hit that way fine absorbing a lot of harrasment. Thing with kayle is that she can outlane any champion because she has infinite hit points much like nidalee. If she wants to farm, no one is going to stop her.

I can get my rageblade in 11-12 minutes mark against heavylat harrasers like sion or kennen just because I can be completely focused on last hitting with the heal. Against weaker lanes like ashe, I can last hit and zone them out easy with a Q nuke and infinite HP.

When playing Kayle, you need to judge how your lane is going to play out.
If the enemy is a heavy harraser, level heal and last hit.
If the enemy is a pusher, level E and farm.
If the enemy is weaker than you in lane, level Q and harras and last hit.

Your goal is to last hit everything and farm because you are one of the hardest carries in the game.
A good harasser will crush Kayle in lane. Her heal costs tons of mana and has a decent CD on it. Comparing her to Nidalee is almost unfair, as Nidalee can be a ranged champion when she chooses to be, not when an ability is up (unless she goes cougar, which is of her own volition). Kayle must get into melee to last hit and doing so will cost her eventually against any decent player. Use E to farm? Can't do it 100% of the time and because it splashes, you inadvertently push the lane, leaving you open to ganks.

Featherhat

01-01-2011

Kayle is an excellent carry stats wise. Once she gets rageblade and nashors, she dishes out awesome damage. Throw in a maladay or other item and gg.

Her real problem? She can't farm for ****. She is far too squishy to get in melee range long enough for a last hit, and she has mana problems until about level 10-11 (after early game she has no mana issues). This, plus her only being able to be ranged half of the time until she gets CDR (again, late game) assuming she even HAS mana for it means she cannot last hit effectively.

Honestly the farming is her only real issue, though her ult could seriously use an extra second on its duration. Her heal is only useful for the speed buff. Once in a great while it might save your or someone elses' life, can happen once per game, which is something--but it's not generally an effective heal.

IMO, the most effective way would be to make her permanently ranged, or give her a similar option.

However, other ideas, such as buffing her heal or mana (or simply lowering the heal's mana cost while slightly buffing its heal) may allow her to survive a poke or two and provide a balance between the "infinite laning" problem of Soraka (at least old Soraka) and the "no laning power whatsoever" of her current form, thus allowing her to take a hit or two and be okay, solving her last hit problems.

She's basically fine where she is, and quite balanced. She isn't bad.

tl;dr: Kayle only needs fixes to her early game farming, and MAYBE one more second on her ultimate and she is balanced and a very strong carry competitor. Kayle is fine.

nerafreccia

01-01-2011

kayle hard carry lolo.

she scales like **** compared to every other carry. i have played and seen kayles with full 5 items (when others have maybe 2-3 full items) and even then she wasn't a threat at all. if there's an ashe, trist, mf, tryn, yi with full 5 items when everyone else has 3, it's already game over - they will kill everyone alone pretty much.

12345678 ... 10