Magic thornmail needed in the game?

Yes, the item is needed 33 25.38%
No, the current MR itemset is fine 68 52.31%
Uncertain, we'll need a bit more testing 29 22.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

So now that the casters have their big AP items...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carlos Marco

01-04-2011

Would a magic based thornmail be justifiable?

Before the Zhyona's change, a magic thornmail that returned % damage as physical would pretty much render casters useless due their generally squishy natures.
But now that we have survive all Hourglass and the big AP overkill deathcap, would riot need to implement more items in order to keep casters in check?

I'm not saying that such an items is needed (I personally think the current Magic res items are fine), but just want to know the general community thoughts about this.

Discuss

Kyoko Sakura

01-04-2011

Banshee's Veil isn't enough?

Mercuryy

01-04-2011

Casters are on par with right click champs? How will the under-privileged kids without keyboards play?

Eddy01741

01-04-2011

Thornmail is already a very very niche item. Overall randuins is a far better way to build up against physical damage (almost as much armor, 300 more HP, passive that RNGs to make them attack slower, active that makes them attack slower).

MarkItZeroSmokey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2011

whenever they have a glass cannon get a bansh veil. that will shut them down than a magic thornmail

Carlos Marco

01-04-2011

Idea based on this thread.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=423916

Arecanderu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryy View Post
Casters are on par with right click champs? How will the under-privileged kids without keyboards play?
suddenly I understand SO much... now I feel bad for so many thing I said about carries D,:!

Yell0wKing

01-04-2011

If a Thormail for magic damage were ever implemented, it would literally make all nukers useless.

DrunkenFish

01-04-2011

Just a better variety of mr items so yes it probably would, but I have been thinking this for quite some time. This will come though.... Riot is just uber slow when it comes to adding to the game. The hextech was a great addition and serves its purpose great so I feel others will be on the way.

TheYoungHomie

01-04-2011

Not enough tank MR items, honestly. When I see a team that is 5 casters or 5 ap champs, i get mercs, HoG, aegis, banshees, fon... don't know what to get after that