Which support hero to unlock....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dagyr

01-01-2011

I've been looking to unlock a hero, and I've narrowed it down to Taric, Sona, Janna, or Zilean. I've played a ton of Janna and loved her, but I tried zilean this week and planting bombs/saving people is incredibly fun. So, thoughts?

lmaonade200

01-01-2011

janna is better imo since she plays the support role "better" than zilean, though they are both great choices.

janna:
passive team movespeed increase
long range moving aoe nuke packed with a knock up
shield that adds HUGE attack damage (this is really the tie breaker between the two imo)
passive escape with an active slow
a position ulti that can push enemies away or towards your teammates depending on situation and heals teammates while slowing enemies within the radius

Zilean:
passive team exp increase
aoe delay nuke
CDR
huge movement speed increase/decrease
fight changing guardian angel ulti

yup, after listing them out i'd say janna is better at support, but a zilean who spams cdr to use his ulti and speed skills more often is definitely a strong support also.

Draik

01-01-2011

i would reccomend sonna if you are new and janna if you can play her well if you are looking for pure support since they are pretty complete support (can speed up, speed down, heal, babysit early and shield in the case of janna). Zilean gives amazing damage output early game (king of the lane) but i feel that revive requieres you to know pretty good your partner to use it at its max (prob with vent) also exp is always good to have.

with taric i feel he tanks and supports but doesnt excell at any of them so its just meh...

Devownious

01-01-2011

Theyre all really different. Sona is by far the easiest to play and can have a dramatic effect on your teams early and mid game just by staying in the back and right click running forward and backward wall spamming w-q-w-q-e repeatedly.

Taric was my main from beta-season one until his ult got nerfed and he still remains viable but I never use him anymore. He is best paired with a lane mate that has some great burst and another stun.

Janna however has become my new favorite support. Her skill to play is the highest of all the supports, and allowing your lane mate to farm ridiculous amounts of gold. In order for janna to be fully utilized tho she needs to be with someone who takes advantage of a shield and AD boost. Tryn, jax, panth, shen are my favorite choices. Some people like to throw her with a ranged carry but I like the shield + damage combo on those 4 the most.

I'd reccomend Sona as she is super cheap and super awesome and easy to play, and maybe pick up janna if you start to really like the support role and won't mind getting literally 0 gold the first 10 min of the game.

Phil Pants

01-01-2011

I know that you haven't listed Soraka but imo she is one of the funnest champs to play, and is a great support. She is one of the best farmers if you max starcall early too.

Tokinatoor

01-02-2011

janna is the cheapest and is said to be instant win at high elo.

Zilean is free at least 50% of the time for some reason.

CthuIhu

01-02-2011

Janna Janna Janna

I don't think it's even close. With the nerfbat swinging loose and free I keep clenching my butt hoping she doesn't get nerfed.