Patch Day Preview January 4th, 2011

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get Dunked 1O1

01-04-2011

you've just given boots that is a 21 point talent? i think theres going to be huge problems with them, vladimir is going to be insane... I just started this game, but I'm not new to gaming by any means.

LordBane999

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypants View Post
you've just given boots that is a 21 point talent? i think theres going to be huge problems with them, vladimir is going to be insane... I just started this game, but I'm not new to gaming by any means.
actually to get close to that much flat cd reduc at start you need to take cd reduc in both offensive and support masteries as well as take a full glyph loadout of flat cd reduc runes

Kiddalee

01-04-2011

The guy in the middle was the only one talking really clearly into the mic. The guy on the right was pretty good, but the one on the left was terrible and I couldn't hear him at all.

Anyhoo, it's nice to see you guys explaining the patch. It will encourage players to think more.

Flapple

01-04-2011

The change in exhaust was really needed. With how OP the casters will now be, exhaust needs to do something to them. In the case of tryndamere, yes, it sucks that he can still attack, but lets not blame exhaust on this but his OP ultimate instead.

Psychodelic

01-05-2011

how about a rally buff? i miss the days that was used

Brokebacka

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypants View Post
True, but the question you should be asking is how many point talents is 25% Attack Speed on Berserker's Greaves or 25 Magic Resist and 35% CC Reduce on Mercury's Treads. I did think the new boots Cooldown Reduction was extreme at a glance, but looking at it more closely I was surprised... it actually seems balanced.

LordBane999

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokebacka View Post
True, but the question you should be asking is how many point talents is 25% Attack Speed on Berserker's Greaves or 25 Magic Resist and 35% CC Reduce on Mercury's Treads. I did think the new boots Cooldown Reduction was extreme at a glance, but looking at it more closely I was surprised... it actually seems balanced.
none of the items u mentioned are equal to masteries alone (and i don't y u included cc reduc since that has no runes or masteries for it), but anyways with a combination of runes and masteries u can achieve equal power of these items at start boosting certain champs, but this affects the early game for the most part

a good an example of this would cass, by focusing cooldown reduc in my masteries (full cd in offensive and support) and flat glyph runes i can start the game with 15%cd reduc and since the cheap cost of ionia boots this leads me to get them by lv 2 or 3, cause of this i can reduce the cd of her first spell to 2 secs and spam continously with her passive, making hard laner, it's not that these boots are bad but the low cost is enables spam champs to overpower champs like support/nukes, not to mention that players who dsp champs will be able to use the boots plus custom player settings to make their own skills on par with other shorter cds, (take yi for an example he usually nvr has any cd reduc items but with this set up he can have 30% near the start, improving him against nukes that use to burst him) just as with other items this one is hit or miss, but an increased cost maybe equal to merc treads would be fair to say the least, since especially it gives u a cd rate equal to most tier 3 items