Patch Day Preview January 4th, 2011

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord of ELO Hell

01-02-2011

Ok so if you nerf exhaust and give tryndamere the power to hit people (reducing his damage by 33%) he's still going to crit for 1k damage like usual and do 1k * .66 = 670 damage a swing. This seems like a bad decision. Exhaust shuts overpowered characters down for a reason, why are you going to make them more overpowered? If you are going to implement this exhaust nerf... at least fix broken characters that swing for too much damage and think about what you're doing before you change the dynamics of the game. How about exhaust makes it impossible to crit? That seems like a fair compromise.

Barthelomel

01-02-2011

the way u explained exhaust just me made think that there is no counter for tryndamere. granted we can run and ignite but a tryndamere knows when to run and when to stay and get the kill. i think u should leave exhast alone its the only counter that seems to work for me. I dont know about others but i really hate the OP'ness of trynds ult and exhaust has always been that balance for me.

BladesofOrion

01-02-2011

im loving all of this, great job riot!

Whuuugo

01-02-2011

As I see this patch, melee dps champions are gona dominate.

While casters are getting balanced (item-wise), they won't be able to get "lots of ap with 2 secs invul" zhonya, which is really nice.
Problem is, the Exhaust nerfed casters and buffed melee dps champions, since it can be used to reduce abilities' damage and will only reduce the auto-attack damage output.

Also, Veigar is gona be godly with these new items, before you could at least Zhonya out of one of this spells, now if you opt to do so, you're gona get buffed defensively against auto-attackers BUT they're gona be hugely hit by him (Veigar).
His ultimate scaling is insane.

PyroAerAqu

01-02-2011

casters gonna rape the game

annie can nuke a whole team now.....

NezumiNinja

01-02-2011

YES!! Garen is getting his spin scaling back!
XD

BladesofOrion

01-02-2011

It, i understand is also hard to prevent one charactor i love what u did to exhaust but i think u need to major major majorly nerf tryn!!!!

Besides tht i love the new patch great job riot

Steelside

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2011

Garen should get a little buff next patch because what he suffered last patch was not only a nerf to his damage potential but the whole Sunfire Cape not stacking nerf hurt him too, so that makes sense.

One thing I am concerned about is Olaf. His Undertow does a lot more damage as the game progresses because of the change to physical damage and his ultimate now makes him impossible to shut down (the incoming damage reduction was increased last patch). The one nerf was his Vicious Strikes, which got nerfed to a third of it's previous late game potential (.5% HP scaling versus previous 1.5%). I feel if Vicious Strikes gets rebuffed Olaf will just penta-rape a whole team while in his ult. As I saw it, damage potential lost from Vicious Strikes nerf was gained through the Undertow buff as Olaf can just spam Undertow at melee range for extra damage.

TL;DR Olaf will become OP if buffed.

MasterBait3r

01-02-2011

Or You Build Both Zonya's Hourglass and Blanky's Deathcap, and say GG to Tanks. Morons. Add More MR to the game on tanks. They can't do when the other team decides to go all casters as it is.

Reikken

01-02-2011

lulz, I see people complaining saying casters are getting overbuffed and saying melee DPSs are getting overbuffed. What offense does that leave? Ranged carries. Which Riot wanted to nerf. Mission accomplished. And all done with a snazzy video. Good job Riot.