Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Męw

02-04-2014

iRONSTYLUS I LOVE YOU

Splinterheart

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadyTheYeti View Post
Riot: "We are on track to be greedy and lazy and delete threads"

Ps: I downvote reds because they are part of the problem, not the solution. Enjoy.

Guny

02-04-2014

IronStylus lux skin update? PWWWWZZZZZ.

The concept thread died for her next skin... no more military? so when is the new one coming?

chide da jungler

02-04-2014

I'd rather Riot take their time and get it right than release another eve- or soraka-style rework which requires further revisions or a 2nd rework.

Starlighte

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Sparks View Post
IronStylus lux skin update? PWWWWZZZZZ.

The concept thread died for her next skin... no more military? so when is the new one coming?
I would be interested as to anything you have to say about this. I'm not looking for timelines but Morello kinda said that Lux is pretty low on the priority list. And that is disappointing to here after the... let's just call it a hiccup... with the last skin. I remember you mentioning she needs a TU which I agree on. Additionally, some of her splashes are outdated. Maybe you'd like to touch on this? Like i said before, you don't need to make any timetables. Just, some insight would be nice, because as an observer it is like she has been totally forgotten.

Augmented

02-04-2014

Hey, is there any news on Shen? Possible VU or updated splash art?

Lalawooo

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Currently we have 4 VU's/Relaunches in the pipe, including the Sion relaunch which is a while out. Not going to spoil what's grouped into our launch cadence but we're now beginning to project what's going to slot in between other slotted relaunches if Sion's takes a while longer.

That said, we have aspirations to do a relaunch per month, but it's not a hard deliverable we must hit. It's what we want to hit. It's what we plan to hit, but it's not always feasible if we encounter problems.

Problems can be anything from the theme of the character being unclear and how we go about tackling that more philosophical side of a relaunch. That can sometime be the biggest point of contention. Production is often easy. Modelling, animation, VFX, while challenging is often more of a straight forward process and series of deliverables than something that's a lot more malleable and subjective like the concepting/thematic solidification theme.

In addition to process and concepting, we also had a fairly long break over the holidays, and that's pretty standard not to be producing content during that time. We had about 3 champions in various states of completion before we left. Some near the end of production, some in the middle, some at the end of the concept phase. Who knows, we might end up having a few close proximity VU's together because we have a couple of champions as a pretty late state hanging out in the polish phase. Not sure.

Either way, it's the beginning of the year, and we only recently got back into full steam. There's a lot coming this year. I think you'll be pleased with the results.
Seeing how you're understaffed, why not hire more people? I think I only recall 3 people that were hired but sounded like they don't work in the art development being champions/VU/reworks(correct me if im wrong)

Eyrgos

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You can bug RiotPenguin about skins

Generally TU's are sort of what 3D artists work on for a "break" or personal project. They just happen to be so good that we ship them as content. It's sort of a tertiary initiative in Relaunch, but doesn't exactly have a dedicated resource assigned to the effort.

As for base Quinn touchups, probably no time soon. But who knows. Maybe I can try a texture update on her and treat is a TU for practice. We'll see.
Please, please do try! You know Quinn is nearly as beloved to you as she is to me

And I will bug teh Penguin Ty!!! I love you, you're an awesome parrot

P.S. As close as you can get Quinn to the original teaser image as possible would be utterly incredible (texturized hair, improved under armor, better weapon detail esp. for Phoenix skin & more regal/less gruff face... her in-game face looks like Disney's malificient... Phoenix is a little too Queen of Hearts/Valentines too IMHO, the cape esp. hurts her silhouette)

Eyrgos

02-04-2014

Oh also, I think Riot should definitely pump legitimate resources into more TU's.

And once again releasing skin recolours, the consumers have been dying for that.

Lalawooo

02-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Aurora View Post
Can we actually get involved as community? I'm working on a few documents about how I'd go about changing a few champions or items... I'd love to pitch them your way...

Or did you make a mistake and mean "getting"
I agree with you, what better way to help the game with champions and skins than the fans? It's us that keep the game alive we should be able to help