Ironstylus: "We're on track to release a VU every month or so."

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0 0

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
Do you honestly expect us to believe that you have no idea or never questioned "wtf is taking the champion development team so long?"
This.

I wonder why they won't just send someone who can answer the damn question, instead of keeping us in the dark.

lightdragoon88

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
Do you honestly expect us to believe that you have no idea or never questioned "wtf is taking the champion development team so long?"

Please stop lying Riot. We know you guys are either lazy or Tencent is being greedy and not funding this game anymore than they have to, since they get most of their money from new players.

This is so stupid.

This is like asking a person in a retail store what they are going to sell next year. They have no clue cause they don't work in that division.

lightdragoon88

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Eve currently sits in the "what is she?" land of concept development. She needs something more of a hook than just "blue lady in tights". Maybe she's a shadow isles hybrid. Maybe she's a demon. She needs not just an update in fidelity, she needs a thematic overhaul. That said, she'll probably get a traditional skin to go with whatever we do with her. We're only just in the early, early phases of her development. Very slow burn.

I propose this re-desgin from the fan art section.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4024620

Attachment 887732

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2014

I don't see what the problem is with having Evelynn just be the League of Legends Prostitute and the sworn enemy of Demacia.

GhastlyGhoulMan

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
When will the IronStylus VU be released?
The world isn't ready for that one yet...

MobiIe Ward

01-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone Joker View Post
So I understand that things need time to cook before you can serve them to us, but with how little actual content was produced over the past year in comparison to other years does this mean you've had many things cooking for a while? Are any of these potential dishes almost ready to eat?

When you were a smaller company you were able to put out 1 champ and about 2-5 skins every two weeks. Now that you have more employees you struggle to do that much in an entire month. Why is that? I understand the champion releases were slowed down, which is great. But why did that also slow down balance patches, bug fixes, and virtually every other thing we used to get every two weeks? If you guys used to be able to create, model, etc 1 champion and release them consistently on a two week schedule why can you not do reworks even quicker? Would getting into a two week patch schedule again be so much work for you guys? Maybe 1 champion release and then two weeks later 1 rework.

Is there any reason why it's unreasonable to expect a champion and a half per month from current Riot with your obviously improved work force when you used to do two a month with your smaller work force?
That's an easy question to answer. Tencent is greedy. League of Legends made over $600 million dollars last year. Most of that money is going into the pockets of Tencent's owners. They will not spend more money on the game than they have to because their business model is "fuq the veteran players because we make most of our money off the newer players."

GlimpseOfRaccoon

01-31-2014

Please don't take away tiwtch's madness. In jinx'S splash art twitch is like just a regular rat, not a poison-crazy-cutie-smelly-rat, and his ears are like mickey )=. Not a good place to twitch. If he's not gonna have a crazy look in the eyes, it's JUST NOT TWITCH

GlimpseOfRaccoon

01-31-2014

another thing, why the splash art from ashe doesn't match the ingame model, her cloack is straight black, not blue.

HawtPockets

01-31-2014

@Parrot - this may not be your department, but will Skarner be getting a new skin along with his kit rework? I know that you said there were at least two skins for Skarner in the pipeline.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

01-31-2014
29 of 78 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHoToS999 View Post
Hey IronStylus, I was wondering what you thought about what Warwick looks like. Personally, I think he has 3 much swagger 5 me, but I've heard a lot of people say that he looks duck footed and silly, and that he could really use an update in the visual department.

So what's your view on that?
As I said, Warwick recently came up in conversation and he does look painfully out of date. Personally i think because he's pretty straight forward he might be an "easy win", but no idea when he'd be slated for.