@Riot, The leaver system sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesWithaZ

03-27-2014

And I'm genuinely trying to put that nicely as I try so hard not to rage right now

Name:  leaving.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  196.6 KB

Name:  3-22-2014 18 31.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  177.4 KB

Name:  3-22-2014 22 26.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  171.9 KB

Here's me
Name:  sisyphus.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  29.9 KB
Pushing the rock up the god damn hill of a BUNCH OF YOU PEOPLE PLAY LIKE ASS

And here's the ****ing leaver system
Name:  holding-door-open.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  148.6 KB
Holding the door open as the leavers go

I've ****ing had it
It sucks dick
And it's genuinely frustrating when trying to climb your way up the ELO ladder

On top of this, I still don't understand why FOUR PEOPLE should have to be punished because ONE PERSON just ****ed off and decided it wasn't worth their time.
(and I am talking specifically about ranked matches)

I can think of ways to fix this, my favorite being ban anyone who leaves period (maybe like a one day ban at first and exponentially increasing the time of each ban as you accumulate more leaves within X time period), and grant everyone else on that team who had to put up with this **** a loss forgiven.

You can do what DotA 2 does, if someone doesn't connect after about 5 minutes the game simply no longer counts as an official ranked match. No stats are recorded for the match. Some might complain this is exploitable, but last time I checked DotA 2 still has 2 million dollar cash prize tournaments, is played by professional gamers everywhere, and nobody there seems to care any differently...

I honestly think you could probably come up with just about ANYTHING that's better than what we currently have.
Especially since even when a person DC's you either try THREE TIMES AS HARD to either
win for the SAME REWARD (same LP, same IP)
or still get a ****ing loss

Why even try? You shouldn't. It's not worth the effort and your system clearly emphasizes that, and that's another thing that pisses me off about it.

Oh, one more think I hate about leavers. They promote toxicity. Not in the sense that they complain and yell (although often times they can before leaving), but more in the way that the very fact that someone left and your team already knows you're going to lose despite trying either,
A. pisses people off.
B. makes people stop trying.
and of top of this you get side effect
C. The want to ***** at the enemy team even though somewhere in the back of your head you know none of this is really even their fault.

I think leavers are one of the ABSOLUTE WORST things about this game, and I'm genuinely just tired of it.

Poring X3

03-27-2014

I think if you get a leaver within the first 3 min, there should be a surrender at 10 min if he doesn't log back in.

You lose half the amount of lp you usually would, and gains half lp.

SLangedEdge

03-27-2014

Dota is not exploitable based on its leaver system.

You have 2minutes to load and connect, if you don't everyone is returned to High priority queue (no god awful 5min+ loading screen staring at splash art).

Once everyone is connected...
If you have a leaver in the first 5minutes or before first blood, game does not count (for either side).

If you AFK or disconnect, player is given 5minutes to reconnect to the game.

Either side is allowed to pause the game to allow for a reconnect and fair play. To some extent this works very well and most opponents have enough honor and patience to wait a few minutes to allow for reconnect and no advantages.

Once an abandonment occurs (5 minutes afk or dc'ed unpaused) game is considered abandoned. You will still get the Loss or the win (depending who wins). The abandoned team will get more gpm and can micro the abandoned player (tho without items). If you do not wish to play the game 4v5, it is safe for the losing team to leave (but they will get a Loss on record).

As for the abandoner, they are put on prisoners island for some amount of games, like a 3 game suspension. So its not time based, you literally have to play 3 complete games out of rank, with other poor sported individuals as punishment (you really dont wanna be here).

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2014

Yea dude, DotA2's anti-leaver measures rock.

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=124365

/sarcasm

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poring X3 View Post
I think if you get a leaver within the first 3 min, there should be a surrender at 10 min if he doesn't log back in.

You lose half the amount of lp you usually would, and gains half lp.
I like the idea of a surrender/halfsies plan, because just making a game not count would be to exploitable but it would be nice for a team to be able to surrender in a mixed group. I would say, however, a four or five-man premade should never have the option to surrender for halfsies, since one of their group could just leave to save the rest of the team.

Apox

03-27-2014

I agree with you, but I don't think you're allowed to post names in those pictures...

black out those names before you get banned.

JamesWithaZ

03-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLangedEdge View Post
Dota is not exploitable based on its leaver system.

You have 2minutes to load and connect, if you don't everyone is returned to High priority queue (no god awful 5min+ loading screen staring at splash art).

Once everyone is connected...
If you have a leaver in the first 5minutes or before first blood, game does not count (for either side).

If you AFK or disconnect, player is given 5minutes to reconnect to the game.

Either side is allowed to pause the game to allow for a reconnect and fair play. To some extent this works very well and most opponents have enough honor and patience to wait a few minutes to allow for reconnect and no advantages.

Once an abandonment occurs (5 minutes afk or dc'ed unpaused) game is considered abandoned. You will still get the Loss or the win (depending who wins). The abandoned team will get more gpm and can micro the abandoned player (tho without items). If you do not wish to play the game 4v5, it is safe for the losing team to leave (but they will get a Loss on record).

As for the abandoner, they are put on prisoners island for some amount of games, like a 3 game suspension. So its not time based, you literally have to play 3 complete games out of rank, with other poor sported individuals as punishment (you really dont wanna be here).
This genuinely sounds like a great system...
Well thought out and hard to exploit and I would love to see league take after it

MaIevoIent

03-28-2014

OP, be more considerate, some people are running this game on older computers.
This game is actually intense it can cause computers, to freeze, crash, blue screen or overheat in the middle of a game.

Then there are some of us who have ever-watching parents that will get mad if they catch us playing games.

JamesWithaZ

03-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barron of Hell View Post
OP, be more considerate, some people are running this game on older computers.
This game is actually intense it can cause computers, to freeze, crash, blue screen or overheat in the middle of a game.

Then there are some of us who have ever-watching parents that will get mad if they catch us playing games.
I think if you are very aware that your computer has these problems you should probably avoid ranked games until you know you'll be okay
Same thing for people with the parents issue...

I understand every now and then something unexpected happens, but that's why I think something as small as a one day ban is justifiable for your first offense within like lets say a month
It'd be kind of like how queue is now. First time you dodge you get a little little 5 minute slap on the wrist. Second time you dodge slight larger, after that you're clearly doing it on purpose a much harsher penalty. If you don't dodge after any of the offensive you'll never see the penalty of it again. And if you don't dodge long enough eventually it all resets...