Akali runes: activate both disciplines

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belhound

01-01-2011

I'm wondering what's the best rune page set for akali so that you get both disciplines activated with doran's blade, and if that even is the best rune set for her

And is there a difference in runes if you go jungle akali?

Thanks

Witch Bernkastel

01-01-2011

Laning:
AD Red, Dodge Yellow, w/e Blue (AP, prolly), AD Purp x2, Flat Health Purp x1.
21/9/0 (dodge defensive focus), start with Amplifying Tome. Pref. Ghost/Flash.

Jungling:
AD Red, Flat Armor Yellow, AP Blue, AD Purp x2, Flat Health Purp x1.
21/0/9 with Smite+ and Ignite+ (Activate AP Passive @ level 2 upon casting Ignite on Blue Wraith), start with Doran's Blade. Smite/Ignite.

I like leading off with an Amp Tome in the lane because it lets me rush Sheen 425 gold faster. Early Sheens win games.

Belhound

01-01-2011

ok gonna try that out, thanks man

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

1 AD Quint (Tier 2 or 3) + Doran's blade will activate the first passive.
2 AP Quints + Full AP Glyphs + 2 AP Seals will activate the second.
The second passive isn't necessarily worth getting, in fact, neither of them are, but the first passive is more useful and easier to get at level 1.

That way you can run either 9/0/21, or 0/21/9.

Migga

01-01-2011

You no longer need any ad runes to trigger her passive. Dorans blade+ Brute force (offensive mastery) will trigger one passive at level one. Mpen reds, dodge yellows, ap blues, and ap quints are the best combination at the moment.

DoomManufact

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegelmann View Post
You no longer need any ad runes to trigger her passive. Dorans blade+ Brute force (offensive mastery) will trigger one passive at level one. Mpen reds, dodge yellows, ap blues, and ap quints are the best combination at the moment.
agree. Also, building an entire rune page for 1 champ is kinda overkill, unless you're that easy to entertain that you can play 1 champ for several months

SoFFacet

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegelmann View Post
I'm confused. 6+3 = 9.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I'm confused. 6+3 = 9.
I'm similarly confused.

My personal page uses two AD marks with the rest ArP, flat armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, two AP quints with one HP quint. I run her in the jungle and use the Ignite mastery to get her 2nd passive at level 1.

MrPopoGod

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I'm confused. 6+3 = 9.
Doran's Blade is 8 AD these days.

ForeverLaxx

01-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopoGod View Post
Doran's Blade is 8 AD these days.
Er, yeah... forgotten about the stat shifts they did to the Doran items. Good news for me, since now I can kick my two AD marks and replace them with ArP.