Dear ranked gamers joining normal games...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amadi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Yeah, I test **** in normal. CBA to find a practice game, and people on practice are often level 5 starters, giving me no real advice on how good my build is when I stomp them. Hell, I can stomp most of my normal games, too, but at least I get some feedback on how well my build is working.

Of course, I don't make a number of playing ranked, and while I don't really care for the outcome of the match, I do try to win. Not as hard as I would in ranked, maybe, and I might be a bit more reckless in diving/chasing, but I still try to win.

l3lazian

The Council

01-01-2011

Normal can be a stomping grounds to test new ideas/strategies, but many people use that "normal game" **** for a fallback for very bad play as if they weren't trying. But normal games are usually a bit less tryhard.

MKN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

jus call him a nerd and leave, but b4 leaving say " its only normal" and then ruin the game for everyone.

k thx bai

Hatiphnatus

01-01-2011

I don't know what's so bad trying new champs in normal. I do it frequently, and maybe I'm not doing extremely well every time, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I feed. And trying to find people for custom games makes me sleep.

Normal is, IMO, primarily for fun, it's not as serious as ranked. It's perfectly fine to try out new strategies and builds. If you actually try to play the game and win and not to ruin 1h of somebody's life I don't see anything bad in it. You will fail sometimes, but hey, it's just a game.

Mylon

01-01-2011

The "mid or I feed" is elo dependent, even in normal queue. I was in elo hell for a long time in normal queue while I was learning to play the game. Now I rarely see quitters (even before the auto-ban system) and my team is usually competent, which leads to more balanced games.

Diomedea

01-01-2011

That's probably an excuse. I played ranked almost exclusively since season 1 started (and I'm gonna stop now, not worth the headaches), and even when I play normals, I still try. The only difference is that I rage a lot less, since I don't care as much.

Sometimes I do try out champions I rarely play in normal, or try out new (and sometimes odd) builds, but even then I don't go 0/10 or anything like that. I mean, having a bit of common sense goes a long way towards not feeding, regardless of whatever champion you play. Actually, I don't think I have gotten a "feeder" score in normal in like forever, even when trying first time champions (except with Cass >.>, and it wasn't THAT bad).

iMagix

01-01-2011

You cannot deny the inherent motivation that a visible reward gives you instead of something you cannot see. Although at lower elo ranked games are truly as you say, not much different from most normal games, people at the mid tier start caring more and actually play with more team cohesion.