What is a hard carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heliostorm

01-01-2011

Tryndamere and pre-nerf Twitch.

Raja Naga

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
Tryn is the only true hard carry

People like Trist and Yi are normal carries

Akali isnt a carry GTFO

I'd argue that melee carries are the 'hardest' carries. Of course Tryn is number 1, but Yi, Olaf, Jax, and AD Sion really fit the profile of **** early game, godly late game once they get their items.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Naga View Post
I'd argue that melee carries are the 'hardest' carries. Of course Tryn is number 1, but Yi, Olaf, Jax, and AD Sion really fit the profile of **** early game, godly late game once they get their items.
Olaf is the closest one of those to a hard carry but they don't aren't item/level reliant enough.

FaceOfJanu5

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
Tryn is the only true hard carry

People like Trist and Yi are normal carries

Akali isnt a carry GTFO
Tristana is definitely close. She only gets stronger as as the game progresses and scales well with items. I've seen Tristanas go from 0/5 scores to carrying the team, just like Trynds. She might not be quite as powerful late game as Trynd but she has more versatility in both skills and item builds.

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfJanu5 View Post
Tristana is definitely close. She only gets stronger as as the game progresses and scales well with items. I've seen Tristanas go from 0/5 scores to carrying the team, just like Trynds. She might not be quite as powerful late game as Trynd but she has more versatility in both skills and item builds.
I have gone 10-0-10 with trist before with 5 tower kills and still managed to lose.

Clown

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJim View Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=131118

Have a read of this, itll pretty much detail it for you.
That thread description if horrid no offense. Soft carries to hard carries dont exist in this game. riot even admits anti- carrying is the strongest force in this game.
WHat i mean by this is profile me and look at galio. Even though i have over 260 creeps per game in 3 games its impossible to carry lol.

To op the best way to win games is pretty much play consistent. Ward consistently and lane consistently.

redlightman

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavarn View Post
I have gone 10-0-10 with trist before with 5 tower kills and still managed to lose.
Tristana isn't a hard carry. Hard carries are people that can pretty much 1v5 and win like Tryndamere or old Twitch since Twitch could kill them before anyone got in range to kill him and I haven't seen the new to say if he can.

Narsir

01-01-2011

Carries in LoL are very weak compared to DotA/HoN carries. It seems like every physical dps champion is called a carry.

Styraxx

01-01-2011

tryndamere is the true hard carry however.. some can argue that jax and olaf are hard carry as well

redlightman

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsir View Post
Carries in LoL are very weak compared to DotA/HoN carries. It seems like every physical dps champion is called a carry.
Shaco, Mundo, Nasus, Trundle, Urgot, and Morde are the best carries ever.