What is a hard carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemmm View Post
Twitch, Kog'maw and Pantheon
Kog'Maw doesn't have enough late game power to be a hard carry and Pantheon doesn't do well enough late game and too well early in the game to be a hard carry. I kind of agree with Twitch though.

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookrotdevour View Post
'Everybody' is wrong.

Play what ur good at.
That is total bs because every time I tank or I play support, if my team does badly I do badly

FaceOfJanu5

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
The only hard carry that exists in this game is Tryndamere, the term comes from DotA and barely applies here.
Exactly, though I'd consider a few more champions for the term. Basically anything that needs a lot of farm to reach their peak, and only get stronger as the game progresses. They also usually rely on their team to hold the enemies in place and themselves safe during a team fight.

In DotA it would have been heroes like Spectre or Sniper. In LoL it depends a bit more on items, but I'd say Tryndamere, Tristana and Sivir are pretty close. Like I said, it depends on items, but usually hard carries are the type who farm farm farm and then win team fights by right clicking the enemy to death. In LoL this can be achieved with several champions. There's also caster carries like Vlad or Annie, but their power usually fades a bit more in late game than physical carries.

Syncopat

01-01-2011

man.. dont ever try to raise up ur elo with carry.. if u are good u will get focused and if ur teammates are bad (and they usually are in low elo) they wont be able to protect and u will all die.. better play some tank cuz people usually know how to right click than to taunt,stun,cc right champion in right time.. i think im gonna play janna to raise my elo..

GhostDieM

01-01-2011

Tryndamere, Ashe, Tristana, Yi, Akali amongst others. Pretty much any champion that scales great with items and is weak early game (needing to be carried or need for a 'babysitter') and stronger then most other champs late game/when fed (carry for the team).

Talamare

01-01-2011

Tryn is the only true hard carry

People like Trist and Yi are normal carries

Akali isnt a carry GTFO

xavarn

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncopat View Post
man.. dont ever try to raise up ur elo with carry.. if u are good u will get focused and if ur teammates are bad (and they usually are in low elo) they wont be able to protect and u will all die.. better play some tank cuz people usually know how to right click than to taunt,stun,cc right champion in right time.. i think im gonna play janna to raise my elo..
I dont think any of my tanks have more than a 50% win ratio, what happens is that my team feeds in their lanes and then in teamfights dont know how to ff and how to follow me in.

Memorylame

01-01-2011

I'd rather be a soft carry like Tibbers.....

biginthepants

01-01-2011

malphite. he's rock solid.

FaceOfJanu5

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
Tryndamere, Ashe, Tristana, Yi, Akali amongst others. Pretty much any champion that scales great with items and is weak early game (needing to be carried or need for a 'babysitter') and stronger then most other champs late game/when fed (carry for the team).
I'd say Akali is not a carry. She's close but she relies too much on burst. If you can survive her initial burst, then you can usually survive her in a team fight. Carries need to provide sustained dps throughout team fights. Akali is more of an assassin or an anti-carry as she can bypass anyone she doesn't need to focus.