I get reported too much

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ButterPumpkins

01-01-2011

There's this strange phenomenon whereupon a losing team, once they've lost, will attempt to identify the person among them most responsible for their losing. For some strange reason unknown to me, I am the person that is usually scapegoated into being blamed for the entire team's loss. I don't understand why this is, and it certainly isn't fair. I don't play poorly, I don't afk, I'm not a leaver, and I don't try to intentionally anger my teammates or disrupt their games. Sometimes when my team is calling for reports to be made on me, members of the other team will actually speak up and say "they were the only one that was good." That makes me feel a little bit better, at least.

It's gotten to the point where I now mute everybody in the game immediately upon starting play. This way, my outspokenness won't be getting me attention and I can hope to avoid being scapegoated. Even that doesn't work. In my last game, I was reported by several teammembers because after our whole base had been destroyed and the enemy was attacking our nexus, I didn't suicide into them.. I was reported by at least 2 people for not playing the last 15 seconds of a 50 minute game, and I know this because they were asking for everybody in the game to report me as well.

I just don't know what to do about it anymore. I've gotten the email from Riot stating that my account has seen too many reports. I tried to respond to justify and defend myself and my actions, but all I recieved was the standard automated response. I'm sure there's probably thousands of erroneous reports made these days, where people will report you for anything and everything they can think of if for daring to be on their team in a lost game.

Waiting for that 20 gold needed for your next item? Prepare to be reported. Telling your team it was dumb to not back when you were asking them to back? Reported. Not using your ult correctly? Reported. Building a character anything other than the standard norm? You guessed it, Reported.

Even if I don't end up getting banned, as I haven't yet and hopefully never do, it's still disheartening. Nobody wants to be reported. If somebody really is being a donkey and deserves it, then fine, report them. You don't have to ask for everbody in the post-game lobby to report the player with you, there's no point. All it does is make the person you've decided to vent your frustration on feel even worse, and it happens to me in oh, pretty much every single game I don't win.

I'm not sure how to deal with it anymore. I enjoy playing the game, but the playerbase seems to not enjoy playing the game with me unless I win every game I play. I almost feel like I should quit LoL because eventually I will be banned due to the sheer volume of reports I've recieved, warranted or not. I'm sorry if this thread reads as so much QQ because honestly, it does make me sad because it happens so often. Every game I lose, I am scapegoated as the player who lost the game for the entire team, and am singled out and greifed for it. I don't know what to do other than report the player back, since it has to count as some kind of harrassment to report somebody for nothing and then say (In all Caps) PLZ Report "____" For "________" for simply being misfortunate enough to be on the losing team.

TD;RL: Please stop scapegoating. Sometimes your team loses, it's not the end of the world. If somebody tries their best throughout the entire game and still end up losing, they probably already feel bad about it and they don't need some random player asking for your removal from the game entirely, ok? Thanks.

The Cello Pony

01-01-2011

They can't ban someone for playing badly or for other minor 'offences'. If you've truly done nothing wrong, you'll be fine.

ashmandor

01-01-2011

I got reported by a Yi when I was playing Yi on the other tem... He kept dying against me because I had thornmail/mallet/atmas. He claimed that it's against the rule to build tank items on dps. It sucks to be reported by dumbness of the reporter.

Masamune0

01-01-2011

everyone thinks they are pro and never admit they lost because enemy was smarter. they either call the enemy lucky or using op champions, or blame teammates for the loss

ChaosWookie

01-01-2011

this might help you out a bit: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=413902

Elderpriest

01-01-2011

i just had a zil in-game standing at fountain 0/6/0 lvl10 at end game, and just casted fort, told the other team 2 report, while her boyfriend said dont she doestn feel good and fell asleep.

If you dont feel good why play a match then or if you gotta go somewhere in 30mins why play then?

@OP does your kdr rly matter if you suicide if it is going 2 be the last battle?

KADAMA

01-01-2011

They know all the rules to report you, but yet they suck at the game. This is call a Troll- and league of legends is about 40% of these individuals believe it or not. Add leave buster = more enjoyment for them, they will do anything so that you leave the game and get reported and banned. Yay. Am not even playing dude. It's like am forced to play the game or get banned. It feels like someone is holding a gun to my head.

Hog0vHwZTWyohxRT

01-01-2011

Every lost game seems to need a scapegoat. I've had only one game during the past week where we lost but everyone said GG, because that is what it was. A good game.

The rest of the games, it's mostly blamed on the solo laners or the jungler.

Honestly, I hate the League of Legends community that can't ever give up on searching for a scapegoat for every loss.

Loptous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Reported.

Minrog

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamune0 View Post
everyone thinks they are pro and never admit they lost because enemy was smarter. they either call the enemy lucky or using op champions, or blame teammates for the loss
And everyone who makes posts on the forums about being reported is not telling the whole truth. Have you guys ever seen one of these that was legitimately being railroaded and was not hiding something?

If the OP is telling the truth, it sucks but I doubt anything will happen to him. I'm dubious about the first part though.