Curse of the Sad Mummy Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrien

01-01-2011

Amumu's ultimate states that it snares but, my question is does a snare only prevent movement or can you not cast any abilities while in this snare? If it does just immobilize you then I don't see the point of the ultimate because you have to wait three minutes to do pitiful damage and then snare everyone for only two seconds which, since everyone gets merc treads, is not even that.

I guess it may only be good in premade teams where a team can quickly toss on some AoE but even then its only two seconds. I'd much rather drop a tibbers than snare. Sorry if a noob question I just wanna know what all the hype is about Amumu's ultimate.

Mhm916

01-01-2011

It's basically like a stun except unlike stun, they can't stop ultis like nunu/kat/etc

mannaja

01-01-2011

It's a special snare in that it's the only one that stops the enemy from autoattacking (all snares used to do it but it was deemed unfair to autoattackers).
You can still use abilities while snared tho, so it's not a stun ^^
Also like every other snare you can't use any movement ability (can't even flash) until the effect is over.

Dovian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

I haven't seen an Amumu in a long time... probably because most people realize a snare isn't that great an ultimate. Like you mentioned, most people would rather drop a Tibber and have a mass stun.

Tyrien

01-01-2011

It seems like it'd be a real awesome ultimate to have if more people played attack damage but most of all I see is AoE spellcasters who could really care less if I popped my sad mummy. Infact, it would probably work to their advantage for my team to pounce on them. I guess if the meta changes to more AD oriented this skill would be pretty game changing.