Phage is offensive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Life Fiber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

my father was killed by a phage

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
Yep, I don't care if Riot thinks that's how it should be pronounced, if Riot pronounced triforce as treeforce would you agree with them?
Riot names what they make. How you think it's pronounced doesn't matter. They named it, they choose it. I've always said pronounced it Shay-co and never understand why some people think it is Shock-o.

Phams

01-01-2011

You're gay, and you're also a b-i-t-c-h.

Sykah

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
Yep, I don't care if Riot thinks that's how it should be pronounced, if Riot pronounced triforce as treeforce would you agree with them?
No. Though 'triforce' is not a name of a character or something that Riot made up.

kanifey

01-01-2011

Im calling the police on the op.

Johnnie5

01-01-2011

obvious troll is obvious.

The Halfw1t

01-01-2011

lol troll. 2/10

Kryoz

01-01-2011

britishphage here

Siegfryd

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightman View Post
Riot names what they make. How you think it's pronounced doesn't matter. They named it, they choose it. I've always said pronounced it Shay-co and never understand why some people think it is Shock-o.
Nobody pronounces it Shock-o, people pronounce Shaco just like Taco. I really doubt you use the British pronunciation when you speak, when they created the language too. I even googled it and here's a quote from a book on how to pronounce Shaconage, a similar word:

"The Cherokee called this territory Shaco- nage (shah-cone-ah-jey), meaning roughly 'land of the blue smoke."

Yes it's a different language so they pronounce -nage differently, I still prefer the Shahco to Shayco difference however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykah
No. Though 'triforce' is not a name of a character or something that Riot made up.
That wasn't my point at all, just because Riot made it doesn't mean they can pronounce it terribly.