Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cardmaster discussion - AP or AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocaliber

Recruiter

01-01-2011

In my person opinion, Hybrid and AP are the only ways to play him.

These are the reasons why I think AD is bad...
+AP does more damage late game.
+TF has no physical spell that actually scales off AD unlike other ranged carries.
+His only benefit to auto attacking is a 15% attack speed increase.
+PaC red card does magic damage and thus benefits more from magic penetration.
+Every damage spell he has does magic damage.

Futurism

01-01-2011

I mostly play him AD or AS.
I played him also AP but unlearned playing AP with him when i was playing AD.
There is rly a lot of skill needed to Play with or favorite card master.

I mostly have this build.

Dorans blade or Shield.
Get 350 boots.
then rush for Divine Sword for some nice attack speed and some armor pen and extra dmg
(very handy for bd also ).
Then im getting Madrez Bloodrazor for more AS and Magic Damage every hit, very deadly
By that time i also have my boots done, Prob i have merc threads or Ninja Tabi but i mostly get Merc's.
Then ill get a lot of damage like bloodthirster ,Blackcleaver and Ege.
If i dont roll that good, Like im getting focused in team fights and im to squisy to fight i always get frozen mallet or trinty force for some HP.

I also Played him Hybrid, pretty awesome

But overall i think AP is the best cuz of the better laning with wild cards, and you can have some nice harass in the early game. late game you probly dont do that much dmg like anivia, but you do some annoying dmg with your wild cards and PaC.
(but if you roll with AP you do probly more dmg then anivia does) O.o

I like the tread thx for posting it
(sry for the bad English)

EnemyController

01-01-2011

AP is better for tower pushing than AD hands down. AP can 1 shot creeps and lichbane wrecks towers.

Private Katarina

01-01-2011

Quote:
FoodIzGood:
AD is good sync with his Gold Card and his E and BDing.
AP is good for poking/nuking.
Build according to their team comp + what they are buying.
For example, if they have a Rammus, please don't build AD, and if they have a Galio, don't build AP.

no if they hav rammus u build ad cus your team need to break him 1st and if galio use ap to kill from far.

Gentlelen

01-01-2011

I dont play TF much but since 3 of his abillities scale with AP then im thinking AP/AS is the way to go, with a Bloodrazor or something to spice up the auto attacks

something like
Bloodrzor
Boots of choice
Nashors tooth
Zhonyas
Rylais
Situational item

not necessarily in that order though

Numbah 1299

01-01-2011

Quote:
Private Katarina:
no if they hav rammus u build ad cus your team need to break him 1st and if galio use ap to kill from far.

Did you just say focus the tank with the one thing they stack to do damage?

Not sure if serious >.>

Oh whats that Rammus you have 300 armor well my 200+ ad TF will focus you over the squishy that I can gate to in the back. Brilliant idea

BayBeastStephen

01-01-2011

The problem is that there are so many better AD carrys than AD tf. Building AP lets you excel at what TF is meant to do, backdooring and nuke ganking. TF is at his best early game, and AP is so much stronger than AD early game. If you want to build AD, just play a different carry.