Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How is Swain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

01-01-2011

I am in a similar position to the OP. 6300 IP... I have casters runes. Swain is intreguing as an option. he doesn't get played often and I don't think I have seen him played well.

Fun really is what I am looking for in a champion. I main Leblanc and also play Lux... but I am getting a little tired of playing these two. I refuse to buy Vlad because I hate vampires. Anivia I couldn't get the hang off when she was free, my frostbite skill never seemed to work. I'll get Annie at some point but she isn't really that fun to play.

A tankcaster is certainly quite different to most champions on offer, including the squishies I normally use.
edit : plus I get tank called on me all the time since I curteously don't lock in untill the team is settled.

Tsuchirinhon

01-01-2011

Swain is an old man with a cane who attacks you with fire, crows, and laser beams.

That's all the convincing you should need to buy him.

Grunghole

01-01-2011

Quote:
Tsuchirinhon:
Swain is an old man with a cane who attacks you with fire, crows, and laser beams.

That's all the convincing you should need to buy him.

I have to say, that might be the most powerful argument in his favor I've heard yet.

Raptamei

01-01-2011

Yo dawg I heard you like ravens so your ult is a raven that shoots ravens so you can lifesteal while you lifesteal.

Gambit01

01-01-2011

Swain is like the mage version of Malphite, he lets you do things you shouldn't be allowed to do.

He lets you run into a group of 3-5 enemy champs, run out, and not die. Ive been ganked by 5 champs, hit with 3 slows/stuns and still lived.

Ult+ghost+merc treds+nevermore means that you are basically ungankable.

Build order is:

Dorans Ring+hp pot
Giant Belt+boots
Finish Rylias
Finish Merc Treds
Mejais (this is mid game, you get lots of assists and dont die)
zhonyas

First kill should be level 4 or 5. Second at 6-7. You shouldn't even have to b til level 8-10 and that's only to buy. When I go mid I normally get 3k before I B. I never have to b.

During team fights you cant die if played right. Grab blue, nuke then go bird. You can just run in circles and not die.

Swain is very underrated, just make sure you have health quints and that you go 0-21-9 masteries. The def is key.

And yes I carry with this build. I carry hard with this build.