Am I the only one who wants new champs of Magma Chamber?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ham summons ham

01-01-2011

i don't like tt actually because its 3v3, which makes it lack action, so i only play tt whenever i only have ~20 minutes to play.

might just be me though

Kojiro Sasaki

01-01-2011

I agree with the 3 maps thing, so long as TT isn't one of them.

IMO a 10v10 ALL MID map would be more fun >.>

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

@OP: the problem is new champs don't feel unique.

Yeah some of them have unique abilities, but none of them have that great feeling synergy that many of the original ones, like Ryze with Archangel's staff, Akali with Rageblade, Vlad with lots of hp/ap from his passive, Rammus with AD from his passive or Tryndamere getting lots of crits.

Riot seem to just be throwing abilities together in attempt to make balanced champions, they seem to not consider how fun a champion will be to actually play. They need to focus more on making champions work well together, one of the funnest things imo is having your champion's abilities and/or items synergize together really well, for example the incredible nuke damage done by the crit and sheen proc by a shaco deceiving with sheen.

IMO yes, more champions are great, but Riot need to put more thought into their skillsets as a whole, making the whole champions unique through skill and item synergy. Also they really should release new items a lot more often, so that there's always new builds and items to try out and experiment with.

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso420024 View Post
Well, Even so, The balance team has nothing to do with the map making team
I stopped reading right there.

The balance team has EVERYTHING to do with the map making team. What's the point in releasing something new if certain champions can easily become over powered and take advantage?

You really made yourself sound stupid with that. You just pointed out to everyone that in fact, you don't know much at all about IT organisations.

Mirmidon92

01-01-2011

The only thing I know about Magma Chamber is the name so I dont care.

Are there images or something about this map?

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-01-2011

Saying "Oh TT exists go play that instead" doesn't work. I play mages. Mages are squishy, and require time to farm items for survival. You are not allowed to farm for very long on TT. There are very few mages that are even considered viable on TT, and I can't play any of them. However, TT is great for melee DPS, due to the reduced possibility of damage from the 3v3 team size.

A map with a more important laning phase and harder ganks is to allow champions dependent on farming to be a dominant force impacting the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirmidon92 View Post
The only thing I know about Magma Chamber is the name so I dont care.

Are there images or something about this map?
As revealed in PCGamer's interview with Riot Games, Magma Chamber will be a new 5v5 map that is roughly double the size of Summoner's Rift. The size is so enormous that Teleporters have been added for traveling from the base to the lane, as well as global spells having their ranges reduced to just really really far (roughly the size of Summoner's Rift, hinted at slightly smaller) to press upon the individual the sheer size of the map. Being of a volcanic theme, brush is replaced by steam vents. There will likely be different jungle monsters and buffs, but that is purely speculation (unless someone has a source for that).

The large map size is intended to put a larger focus on the early laning phase, and to de-emphasize 5v5 teamfights until very late game. It can also be considered a buff to Summoner Teleport and Summoner Fortify to defend besieged towers far from defenders, as well as allowing champions with movement increasing effects to become more popular. Depending on how the map is filled, jungling may be more or less important.

pyrokinetiq

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Saying "Oh TT exists go play that instead" doesn't work. I play mages. Mages are squishy, and require time to farm items for survival. You are not allowed to farm for very long on TT. There are very few mages that are even considered viable on TT, and I can't play any of them. However, TT is great for melee DPS, due to the reduced possibility of damage from the 3v3 team size.

A map with a more important laning phase and harder ganks is to allow champions dependent on farming to be a dominant force impacting the game.

As revealed in PCGamer's interview with Riot Games, Magma Chamber will be a new 5v5 map that is roughly double the size of Summoner's Rift. The size is so enormous that Teleporters have been added for traveling from the base to the lane, as well as global spells having their ranges reduced to just really really far (roughly the size of Summoner's Rift, hinted at slightly smaller) to press upon the individual the sheer size of the map. Being of a volcanic theme, brush is replaced by steam vents. There will likely be different jungle monsters and buffs, but that is purely speculation (unless someone has a source for that).

The large map size is intended to put a larger focus on the early laning phase, and to de-emphasize 5v5 teamfights until very late game. It can also be considered a buff to Summoner Teleport and Summoner Fortify to defend besieged towers far from defenders, as well as allowing champions with movement increasing effects to become more popular. Depending on how the map is filled, jungling may be more or less important.
Jungling probably will be less effective (far more travel time between lanes, if you're gonna gank you'd BETTER hope you get the kill, otherwise it's a pretty long walk!).

Also I foresee teemo's Move Quick going from "Stupid useless" ability to "omg so op1!121!!!!" simply for the fact that with speed 5 boots and lich bane he can have one of the highest consistent movespeeds in the game

lZN5nmfDBTc1bgRT

01-01-2011

i fully agree with op