Am I the only one who wants new champs of Magma Chamber?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntoTheOcean

12-31-2010

Woah woah woah! Slow down there flamer!

Alright, here is how I look at it.
ALL OVER the forums, there is QQ about not getting this new map. It usually is along the line of "I am tired of playing the same old map" and yet, they act like a new map had never been made! Poor TT is sitting there, being a very rarely played map. Heck, I have never even tried it! They say there are some major balance issues on TT. So, reason one for me not looking forward to MC is

1. Balance issues.

I understand it will be a 5v5, but taking away team fights? It's gona be a TT all over again, with Mundos running wild. And talk about globals! They will STILL focus on SR as the main map to balance out. MC is going to be fun for a little bit, but a majority of players will drop it. So another reason for me not wanting MC is

2. Most players will drop it like TT.

The second part of my title states I want more new champs. Having more champs will always be better, even if a few balance issues occur. When I started this game, before season 1, I was shocked at the shear number of champs. Every game was different! It was amazing! And here they are, working on more! Third reason for posting is

3. More champions = different teams

Keeping teams different is what really makes SR fun. Also, with these new champs, you can say "Oh, its a rehash of " " " "'s ability thrown in with " " " "'s ability." Well sure! But have you seen the way they combo? Have you actually played them? Each champion is unique in their very own way, and some more fun than others. And with more champions coming out, the more unique LoL will become! So the fourth reason for posting is this:

4. Unique characters keep SR interesting.

Another way to look at this is in this way:
It took how long to make TT? How exciting is it? How long for MC? What is the chance it will be a major hit?
Now look at some champions. How many of them are hits? If one is released every 2 weeks, what are the odds that one will be a hit?
Chances are a champion will be a bigger hit than a map.

TL;DR:
I support making a new map, but I prefer the new champions over it. I believe in Riot and what they are doing.

I am now off to celebrate the new years, have fun with this thread!

IntoTheOcean

01-01-2011

Bump for conversation.

Matthew21210

01-01-2011

See, the word you were looking for was "Sheer"
Sheer number.
Not shear number. That's not a thing.
edit: also, you only celebrated for two hours? Terrible party, mine lasted a good 6.

thulfir

01-01-2011

No good sir, magma chamber will be worth the wait.

Touted features:

1) Flippin' square miles. This new map is supposedly big, and that opens up a lot of options that otherwise wouldn't occur. Now I won't be trolled at for having 5speed boots, Teleport might actually be worth more as a summoner spell slot instead of flash/ghost, and its large enough to have Teleporters. When i think teleporters, I always imagine the feeling of traversing Blood Gulch in Halo (in other words, they rock).

2) Laning actually matters? The size of the map means its a long walk from base to lane (again, unless 5speedboots, teleport, or teleporters) and controlling your lane might actually mean something again! Getting pushed to your turret would not be good given isolation in distance to other lanes for assistance.

3) New tricks for an old dog. This new map has me excited for ways that old champs might have a fresh breath of air. Shen ultimate screams beware for any 1vs1 at any distance, Twisted Fate's ultimate gives him bigger versatility, and I want to see how the same team comps have to adapt different tactics for each map.

Souman

01-01-2011

I see you brought up balance issues, but even still new champions every 2 weeks is way more unbalanced than a new map. They need to stop releasing champs for a bit and do a lot of balancing.

JunSupport

01-01-2011

I just think it's getting a little stale.
Although Champions are where the money and interactiveness comes from, I've played on Summoner's Rift too much, and I dislike the 3v3 of Treeline.
Some of my favorite champions like Twisted Fate just don't do as well there.

3 Maps is a good number when it comes to keeping things fresh.
Two maps isn't enough for most people. The new environment will definitely improve the overall experience.

After that, then I may enjoy more champions.

Maso420024

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badiator View Post
I see you brought up balance issues, but even still new champions every 2 weeks is way more unbalanced than a new map. They need to stop releasing champs for a bit and do a lot of balancing.
The balance team =/= the design team, why can't people understand this, the people that MAKE champions are NOT the same that balance them, on that same note the ones who make champs are also not the same ones that make the new map, different specialties for each department, think of it like Walmart, you have a person for electronics, furniture ect ect same here...Group for Maps, Champs, Balancing, Marketing ect ect, Im not just spewing facts either Guinsoo and others said the same thing not to mention I'm a game developer in training (College) so next time you wanna rage about it think about this post

Souman

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso420024 View Post
The balance team =/= the design team, why can't people understand this, the people that MAKE champions are NOT the same that balance them, on that same note the ones who make champs are also not the same ones that make the new map, different specialties for each department, think of it like Walmart, you have a person for electronics, furniture ect ect same here...Group for Maps, Champs, Balancing, Marketing ect ect, Im not just spewing facts either Guinsoo and others said the same thing not to mention I'm a game developer in training (College) so next time you wanna rage about it think about this post
I heard adding champions every 2 weeks gives more problems to the balance team, pay attention breh.

Maso420024

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badiator View Post
I heard adding champions every 2 weeks gives more problems to the balance team, pay attention breh.

Well, Even so, The balance team has nothing to do with the map making team, Breh, not to mention this game will ALWAYS have balance issues, always, as the meta changes balances go off whack and thus, more changes are needed, play testing and in the development stage I'm sure that the balance team is working with them to make sure that when introduced into the Meta that they will work and be okay, though, as we seen with LaBlanc and Pre-Nerf Udyr They may do a bit too much damage, But getting off topic, If they were a smart company looking to make money, which I know they are, they (now from an amateur game developer view) they probably divide or have their own subsection working for the new champs and the old champs for balance issues. then those break down farther into people who control the stats, effects, range, ect.

~Now~ Im not an expert or anything but from what I know, this is generally how organizations work for game development.

superpyro40

01-01-2011

Hold on, Twisted Treeline still exists?