Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiMage II View Post
Attachment 886694

Let me spell it out for you.

Attachment 886693
Purple may sometimes have red in it.

Asatorrr

01-29-2014

FFS, Diana is already tagged primarily "Fighter" and secondary "Mage". NOT ASSASSIN. Did Riot actually do that with intent or are they still p***y-footing? Just make her damage less bursty. Her kit mechanics scream F-I-G-H-T-E-R. You want to make her an assassin, you have to remove tankiness (and honestly CC) from her kit. You wanna make her a fighter, you just lower her burst.

You know what would be easy? Her R hits for X% less damage when the target is afflicted by moonlight. That way you give her more choice in using R because of the CD reset.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-29-2014

Honestly, I think that her R should be more useful as a tool for keeping up with enemies rather than the QRR burst machine it is currently.
So, as far as bruiser Diana goes, moving some damage from her R to her passive would help immensely.

But I guess that just me having a bias for that specific gameplay pattern.

Tyrannus0

Recruiter

01-29-2014

If anything, this thread has pointed out that everyone likes Diana for different reasons.

Bobby Cox

01-29-2014

Tanky AP fighter would be cool. Sometimes I take her top and build her that way and it's not bad. A lot of things are better, but Diana is fun. Maybe buff her passive and shield and nerf q and r? I dont know

MarhsallLee67

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Song View Post
heres how i feel about diana.

oh cool, they picked diana, i can play the no escape brand.

love how people talk about how greedy riot is, yet they keep releasing skins for champions nobody wants to play.

gangplank

diana
have you ever played Diana before? She's so fun it almost shouldn't be allowed.

Alorasence

01-29-2014

I am thrilled to see a red post on here. I am less than thrilled to see her become a bruiser. I really, really, don't want to see her being a damage soak who exists purely for the engage. If I can't kill with her after the changes, I will be sad.

I want her to remain an agressive, somewhat risky, diver.

I'll certainly back off if I am in a massive minority, but I don't want her to be flavored vanilla.

Please remember that she is objectivley weak right now. If you change her, she needs to do something, BETTER, than she used to. Not just different.

The Shaco Bot

01-29-2014

An assassin with a refreshing/scaling/high damage shield

too broken

Super Explosion

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Diana should bring something different in that vein of an 'AP Fighter': potentially with a burst of survivability into ramping sustained damage.
So as a potential example to enable R-E initiation:

E now provides a massive but brief defensive bonus to Diana on use, placing Moonlight on everyone hit.

Basically, the only way an "initiator" happens in League is through massive tankiness. That's just how the game is balanced.

But Diana shouldn't be a tank.

This means that to enable her to build AP, her defensive steroids need to be brief but titanic, and her offense must start small and ramp up.

We're talking Moonfall making her Invulnerable if it hits an enemy champion.

That's right.

Because in League, there is no Black King Bar. No one survives initiation without being a tank.

She shouldn't just pop in and assassinate someone. No. She should pop in, be unbreakable, and then if enemies let her stick to them, she eventually annihilates them.

You have an 'AP Fighter' which works similarly to this: Jax. But Diana could do it better, with initiation capacity, and start-small-ramp-up damage.

Pale Cascade makes her immune to CC while the shield is up? Delays CC effects on her until the shield drops?

Bigger shields and faster attack speed the more stacks of Moonlight on enemies?

There is so much design space available for non-bursty building combos in League.

Alorasence

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannus0 View Post
If anything, this thread has pointed out that everyone likes Diana for different reasons.
You nailed it. And now I see opinions turning her into Jarvan; played top and jungle. Because golly do we need another bruiser.

#please don't ruin moon girl