Hell Riot. I love Diana. Lets talk about her please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

masterflinter

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerBlaise View Post
In all honesty this is what I am afraid of from a Diana tweak. The fun of Diana is in her almost dance-like initiation and positioning and repositioning of the enemy via her E pull and R gap closer. finishing off an enemy carry with an R->passive AA cleave is extremely satisfying. Having her hack away while being tanky seems less fun. I've played Diana with AD-Yi crit chance/AS builds, and it just isn't as fun as killing with her abilities. Leona offers this tanky fighter build: I think Diana (as the lore-counterpart to leona) should be different.
Yea actually now that I think about it when Im REALLY having fun with Diana its when I'm playing her on SR jumping around from high priority target to high priority target. When I get to load up on armor/mres with stuff like Moonflair Spellblade and just hack away with Nashors Tooth on 3v3 it might be more powerful but its also less fun.

GhastlyGhoulMan

01-29-2014

Hey Vesh! I want to know what you think of this suggestion. Right now there is no countdown timer on her passive, so if you don't look at the subtle visual ques on when to keep her passive charge up, you miss many chances to get the third hit on an enemy. Do you think putting a timer on her passive procs would be worth beinging up to the other rioters in charge of her?

Zaghyr

01-29-2014

If you want a more bruiser type of Diana then i would suggest this: Get rid of the bonus attack speed on her passive and just straight up raise her regular atk speed, as it is now, using nashor's tooth on her is really goon on her and I personally use it all the time when i jungle, but i only use it when I am tanky. When she is tanky your burst is lower and you'll just have sustained, constant damage and building attack speed works very well for this play style but she scales terribly with it. So if you were to raise her base and remove the bonus then a change I would make is that damaging targets afflicted with moonlight grants her bonus attack speed for a few second (like 4 or 5 seconds or something) so she can be better at dueling when she needs too. The other changes would be to raise her base damages so she wont have to build a lot of ap to do the damage that a bruiser would do. Bruisers can build little damage and do a good amount and that is only the case because they tend to have higher base damages. So you can raise the base of her Q and R and possibly W. Her passive won't need a damage change do to the attack speed change, where you can proc it more often and won't more damage. Although to do this you'll need to lower the scalings a tad and maybe MAYBE raise the shield amount and lower the damage (although i do agree that her W and E ranges are bad and should be fixed).

For a more mage/assassin diana, make her her passive do like it was suggested earlier, and act like a spellblade. I don't know what to do with her pale cascade however and therefore will not comment of that, but you can keep the moonfall the same. She is an assassin and needs to stick to her target early. And like the other suggestion, instead of raising the base values, lower then and raise the scaling so she would be able to be more a mage and not an OP assassin early, and then gradually transition over to being an assassin when build wiht a good amount of AP. Also her shield would definitely have to be lowered if she is to be an assassin.

The choice is hard, since she is a heretic that can kill anybody in her way, and at the same time she is a warrior of truth trying to protect the lunari culture.

SerBlaise

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by du herro bic boi View Post
Diana doesn't need buffs at all. Have you even ever built DFG on her? She's a monster with DFG and Lich Bane. There's no way at all she needs buffs, she's a balanced champion.
This is my current build and it is awesome. Zhonyas is secondary to these two (though I do get it first if against an AD laner). I do still agree that there is the issue of what to do once you dive into the enemy team. Do you just initiate, zhonya, and hope your team follows (current play)? Should she be tanky enough to survive after the zhonyas and keep fighting (bruiser/fighter) or should she be able to escape after the initiation (R to another moonlit target? Speed buff?)?

Riot and us as players need to come up with what it means to be a fighter/assassin after the initiation. SOUL SEARCHING TIME!

AntiMage II

01-29-2014

Vesh, as long as you're discussing Diana, I have some serious concerns.

Diana still doesn't have a redhead skin. Could you pass that on to the parrot? It could be some sort of pre-heresy ordeal or something, I don't know, let him go crazy with it. Just make sure he gets the hair right.

Merciless Jesus

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Can we expect to see Diana changes on the PBE in the near future or is that still a long ways off?

archonshope

01-29-2014

Hi Vesh, if you don't mind me going a bit off topic, here I go :

you would like to see her become an AP fighter.

From what I understood, Morello wants to delete every bruiser out there I main bruisers and don't get what his problem is with bruisers in the first place. I hope he never succeeds with his holy crusade to delete every bruiser out there.

On topic, I totally agree that once you've done your Q R (E Q R + AAA) combo your target is either dead or you're really screwed because you're "stranded" in the middle of nowhere and can't get out.

I'd love to see her become more of a bruiser/fighter style champion, with slightly lower damage but higher utility so she can compete a bit better top and jungle

Tyrannus0

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiMage II View Post
Vesh, as long as you're discussing Diana, I have some serious concerns.

Diana still doesn't have a redhead skin. Could you pass that on to the parrot? It could be some sort of pre-heresy ordeal or something, I don't know, let him go crazy with it. Just make sure her gets the hair right.
Are you insane sir. Diana may not have hair in any form resembling the sun.

Super Explosion

01-29-2014

Quote:
Thematics are important, but should not compromise gameplay.
You're probably doing this in the wrong way:

Thematics inform gameplay. You should be making game mechanics which are balanced and support the theme.

Not trying to fit the theme into a preconceived paradigm from past champions.

If Crescent Strike would be imbalanced without interrupting movement, you change Crescent Strike so it is balanced without interrupting movement.

Fun, theme, and balance are not mutually exclusive.

Quote:
I feel that it would be even cooler if she started off in a more "initiator" type role with her R->E and maybe zhonyas that set up her team to follow up with additional CC and then transitioned into fighter mode after. Diana feels really good when she's hitting people with her epic moonblade.

With the way she functions currently, her assassin pattern would basically just degenerate to an even more bursty Akali with less options and less points of mastery.
So there's a very big issue with you saying this:

You want her to be a tank.

Malphite doesn't want her to be a tank. Zac doesn't want her to be a tank.

You have enough champions who fulfill the gameplay of tanky initiator who hit people for mediocre damage afterward.

You want Diana to be able to dive in first? Fine. But her subsequent gameplay needs to differ from Maokai and Leona.

And this is the point of the 'transition' recommendation: She doesn't remain a tank. Through progressing her mission of bringing Moonlight across the world, she becomes a Carry.

You've had champions which try to do this, like Riven and Wukong, Darius too. But they tend to still pale in comparison to the Marksman.

Diana should bring something different in that vein of an 'AP Fighter': potentially with a burst of survivability into ramping sustained damage.

AntiMage II

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannus0 View Post
Are you insane sir. Diana may not have hair in any form resembling the sun.
Attachment 886694

Let me spell it out for you.

Attachment 886693