:(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychicMice

5 Days Ago

I used to be a huge league fan. I have played around 1500 combined normal and ranked matchmaking games, having reached the level 30 benchmark, and also unfortunately having spent a copious amount of money on in game skins and ward skins etc. it should be fairly apparent that I loved league of legends. Now unfortunately I feel as though my time, money, effort, frustration, and patience I have spend on LoL have been altogether shat on and thrown away. For an unknown amount of time League of Legends worked very well, and when it did not it was because of some predictable factor such as overuse of our home network's wireless connection. This amount of time relative to the amount of time it did not work is truly massive. But some time a few months ago my internet ping for league of legends started to decline. Originally I had a consistent 80 ping on my home network when I was alone with the occasional server crash due to reasonable failure on the part of Riots system. This did no bother me, I was very content with it. One day it got worse, and from then it only ever got worse. Over time the frequency of ping spikes became as frequent as every other click of my mouse, my stable base line ping has raised to 110 although that matters very little when I hardly ever have a stable anything. If there is someone else home on the network I get numbers which should seem unreasonably large for a ping counter to be capable of displaying. Every month or so I have dropped back in to look at new changes because I truly wish that when I next come in I will be able to play a good match like I used to. This optimistic dream has not yet occurred, and due to the length of time this has occurred over, I suspect it never will. It is almost as though Riot has made a conscious decision to exclude my specific house in the mid Michigan area from their servers capable broadcasting range, whereas my friends whom I know from school have not had the same experience as me. I have spent a good deal of my life looking at forum posts here and on other websites trying to remedy the problem but there is no solution as I have found. I have played and continue to play superior performing games such as Planetside 2, Dota 2, and several titles found on steam. That's the really interesting thing. On all the forum posts of people complaining about League's servers they're either told it's maintenance, it crashed, or more commonly, that it is their own connection's fault. Even more interesting, my stable ping in Dota 2 is 40. Throughout my 300 or so matches of Dota 2 so far this has been 100% predictable and akin to my Home networks' use, and has been reliable. Am I to believe my connection to League of Legends is still my fault? I can't say for sure, but this absence of service has provided me with the means by which to learn to play Dota 2, which I now find to be the superior MOBA game, for reasons possibly born in spite, but more likely due to superior game mechanics and design, and a superior business model. Which now makes me recognize just how ridiculous the LoL business model is. I have just now finished attempting to play a match of League against the new "Doom Bots" which ended in me leaving due to inability to play, and my personal desire to be done with it. I'm not sure why I wrote this, but I feel like my experience with Riot, and League of Legends is worth hearing, especially if you have considered trying another Moba such as Dota 2. (please ) And it would amuse me greatly to see some of you accuse me of this and that and tell me my connection is my fault. I will be happy playing better games, and even happier to read your post telling me this while I do it. If you are looking for a solution to your connection problem like I did for a long time, perhaps you should consider looking for a solution to your Moba problem first. Thank you to who ever took the time to read this.

ALWAYS PUSH LANE

5 Days Ago

tl;dr

Nerf Ao Shin

5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicMice View Post
Originally I had a consistent 80 ping on my home network when I was alone with the occasional server crash due to reasonable failure on the part of Riots system. This did no bother me, I was very content with it. One day it got worse, and from then it only ever got worse. .... Even more interesting, my stable ping in Dota 2 is 40. Throughout my 300 or so matches of Dota 2 so far this has been 100% predictable and akin to my Home networks' use, and has been reliable. Am I to believe my connection to League of Legends is still my fault? I can't say for sure, but this absence of service has provided me with the means by which to learn to play Dota 2, which I now find to be the superior MOBA game, for reasons possibly born in spite, but more likely due to superior game mechanics and design, and a superior business model.
Did you actually do any troubleshooting to speed up league or did u just go "other game work so im not going to bother repairing the client or changing my internet settings? "

either way, bye.

ps - just in case - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...roubleshooting