How many matches are completely one sided?

All (>90%) 37 19.79%
Most (>70%) 114 60.96%
Some (>30%) 34 18.18%
None (>0%) 2 1.07%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Most matches are completely one-sided beatdowns.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyrre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

i knew the matchmaking was off when i started joining solo games and am the only person under lvl 26 (i'm level 13). The past 7-8 games i've played have been with mostly level 30s on both my team and the other team, i have no clue why

GeAsa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2010

We have been playing for over a week with some friends of mine, and there is not a single match when we try to play together in which we dont get raped by 5 lvl 30 players.

Here is the Lineup from yesterdays last match.

the MMS is ****, it just aint working. 3 out of 5 players in my team couldnt even recognise which champions the other team had, which means..... MMS Just doesnt work?.

They have 30 masterys, a book full of tier 3 runes and every champion in the game, while we have an average of 10 masterys, 2 +0.01 attack runes and only the free champions.

Look at this picture, now go ahead and tell me MMS works.

Even they felt bad after the match had finished and they saw our levels.

Undead Mantis

06-12-2010

I was just in a Treeline game where our Ashe was 3 levels lower than everyone else but also had about HALF the number of wins of everyone else in the game.

I have a theory that the game is working very hard to even out everyone's win-lose ratio. If you win a game, the next game will be more difficult for you.

Nuttar

06-13-2010

http://www.lolbase.net/matches/view/US23512983

Pretty fair, don't you think?

/sarcasm

I've got to say though, it's getting easier to win as I level higher, getting more win-streaks seems to mean easier if not just about evenly matched (but rare) games. The problem is, there isn't enough people to balance it out perfectly if you use restrictions like level and k/d/a. So as much as I want fair games (as they turn out to be extremely satisfying to win a long, hard game), we'll have to settle for one-sided games for a little longer till a new system appears.

Try to keep it at #1-3 on your priority list, will you Riot?

aClue

06-13-2010

Not only do I agree wholeheartedly with the above posts, but there is a HUGE problem with being grouped into games with people who don't speak a common language. With a team based game like this, that's just stupid and it needs to be fixed. Each player should pick both a region and a language and this data should be used to accumulate the queue pool from which players are selected. Not just some random pin the tail on the donkey system.

So many times I've been in games with people who are only speaking spanish, portuguese, or french. And it has nothing to do with SPEAK ENGLISH, it has to do with it being a communication breakdown within the team that shouldn't even be an issue to begin with.

Dakmoden

06-14-2010

Yup. Their match making is complete and total ****. Seems like it should be simple enough, but nope. And don't even try to do an arranged team. Then you're really gonna get it up the poop shoot...

BrokenBoySoulja

06-29-2010

Agreed, MM is utter w**k- played a game last night with mostly level 15-20's, but the enemy team had a level 30 with almost 150 wins- how exactly can Riot condone this?

I mean why not implement a levels bracket system to sit atop the current one?

WPG204

06-29-2010

It's simple, start the hero's off with strength "base stats" similar to lv 4 - 5 instead of 1... but have lv 18 be closer to lv 12 strength. That way you wouldn't be sooo much weaker at any point of the game, a team that's losing could still work together to gank a member of their team, instead of the single player killing three+ of the weaker team. It's really lame, i'm starting to get bored of the repetitive whomever gets 4+ kills up early wins.

Also, I hate the cloaking, should be a charge up to cloak "short" and you shouldn't be able to cloak mid battle and run, also if you cloak and are hit you should re-appear, that would help HUGE! Or make all the cloaks the lv6 abilities... the elixirs are TOO EXPENSIVE early, sight wards don't see all cloaks, it's just not working riot.

KlaraPink

06-29-2010

I think its pretty obvious the MM is pretty messed up. But the problem with making it more precise is longer queue time. Longer queue time leads to busy servers, then people start complaining about servers being busy. Riot just can't seem to win here can they?

But yeah, recent matches, I only have 2 normal game wins. Rest are loses. Same for my level 24 friend. It would be very nice to have better match making, but its unlikely until riot can find a way to make it more efficient.

EDIT: Just let people pick characters before connecting, and match them up that way. Then people can play the champions they want, there won't be teams of 5 melee champions, and matches will *most likely* be more fair. Supposing they keep levels matched up as well...

The Bad Lamb

06-29-2010

I think riot should dump elo. and as afaik basing it off your wins alone isnt very accurate. possibly acceptable ten years ago. But now you can take into account all sorts of things. eg Assists , Deaths , Kills , Tower Assists // list goes on.