[Suggestion]Choosing player skill level

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cleef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

Ok so, being so **** tired of loosing 2/3 of my games due to people who simply don't know how to play I had this great idea (imo). What if (at least for on-arranged matches) you could choose the level of skill your allies and enemies have in-game.I mean, when you pick Normal Game you could have 2 options(they should have a little check box so that you dont have to pick every time you play), the standard one or the choose player difficulty one which should bring up a tab that has let's say 3 options (Easy,Medium,Hard). I for one would really like to stop playing with players that can't do a **** thing. Sure, some might be attracted to picking Easy and get some "free IP" but that option would also make your allies a lot weaker and thus even it out a bit. It might sound stupid, or useless, people might not like it, but it's just a suggestion...Simply, I'm just pissed off that my ELO is getting worse (it was very good at first, but some people simply suck at this game, and so it started to drop) and there's no chance it will get better at this rate, thanks to your "super cool match making system" (Not!). -.-

DerSandman

07-02-2010

Pretty much the only way to play LoL and achieve a high ELO is to roll with a premade. If you don't run with a premade, you will ALWAYS get put with useless teammates, it's just how the matchmaking is.

I would prefer ELO be based on personal performance rather than if you win\loose.

If you played a tank champion, did you soak up a lot of damage\help with kill assists? If your hero is a tower pusher, how well did you do this?

The current ELO system isn't accurate enough. When I first started playing, I played with friends, we would win a few games and they would leave. I would go and solo queue, I would get matched with level 30\25s, with me being level 4\5. (I DIED ALOT. My team pretty much carried me when I first started out.)

Why should new players who get carried by a good team be forced into higher ELOs that they are not ready for?

The champions are already labeled tank, nuker, pusher, etc, why not make ELO tie into these and rate skill level based on how good a player accomplished goals or helped the team win. The damage, towers, etc. are already saved after a game, so there wouldn't have to be too much effort in getting them.

aka Chainsaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerSandman View Post

I would prefer ELO be based on personal performance rather than if you win\loose.

Its based on a lot of different things, including game times for winning/losing. Not just w/l record.

DerSandman

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzak The Boss View Post
Its based on a lot of different things, including game times for winning/losing. Not just w/l record.
Still doesn't tell a lot about your personal skill level. They keep their ELO system quite vague, so I don't know much about it.

Kerny

07-02-2010

what happens when all the noobs who think they're bad as all pick the hard difficulty
kinda doesnt work lol

DerSandman

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerny View Post
what happens when all the noobs who think they're bad as all pick the hard difficulty
kinda doesnt work lol
Exactly. The idea of an ELO system is good, it just needs some fine tuning towards an individual basis.