How many matches are completely one sided?

All (>90%) 37 19.79%
Most (>70%) 114 60.96%
Some (>30%) 34 18.18%
None (>0%) 2 1.07%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Most matches are completely one-sided beatdowns.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LahooZaher

01-01-2010

I've noticed something about the game, and now that I have dug around the forums it seems to be a pretty common event.

Most matches are completely one sided. One team completely dominates the other. There are very few really good, close, back and forth matches.

This is a purely multiplayer competitive game. So by it's nature people are going to lose. If one team wins the other has to lose. Not everyone can have more wins then losses. Ideally if the game is perfectly balanced and people are put into queses with people their own skill level then everyone should have roughly a 50/50 win/loss record. So when I see people complaining that they used to have like 30 more wins then losses and now they're down to only 5 more wins then losses that, I don't see why they are complaining.

Now I have seen alot of posts complaining about the matchmaking, about getting teamed with noobs, etc, but that doesn't really bother me. Everyone is a noob at one point, and noobs are only going to get better by being put into games with better players that they can learn from. I do think that it needs to be balanced so that both teams have as close team averages as possible, but mixing in noobs. I think that MM needs to be tweaked a little, but that's not really the problem.

But my point is that the losses are always so one-sided. To me, it feels like whichever team gets off to a good start wins, that once you get an advantage in levels and gold it's next to impossible for the other team to have a comeback.

Again, due to the nature everyone should expect to lose. Theoretically they should expect to lose about as often as they win. But when the match is really close, back and forth, down to the wire, even if you lose it was still fun. But there's nothing fun about a game where the outcome is blatantly obvious 5 minutes into it. Not for the winning or losing team.

So how many other people feel that most of the matches are one sided, and what kind of game balances or tweaks can we make to counteract it?

Heat n Serve

01-01-2010

Matches are sometimes one sided, but not always cause of player-skill matchups. Often times, it is because of champion lineup mismatches. Wait until there are draft mode games, that will greatly diminish mismatches due to team composition, b/c players will be able to pick champs to counter other champs.

LahooZaher

01-01-2010

First game of the night tonight.

I was on the winning team. 35 kills to 6 kills. Complete domination from the very beginning. Our team was 17/17/5/8/Leaver. There's was 4/4/5/5/15. Why both of the level 17s were on the same team is beyond me. Shouldn't be too hard to write a piece of code that does the math really quick and makes the team have as close of averages as possible. But again, 35-6. Complete one sided domination no chance of a comeback just waiting until time to surrender. No fun for either team.

Xextreem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LahooZaher View Post
First game of the night tonight.

I was on the winning team. 35 kills to 6 kills. Complete domination from the very beginning. Our team was 17/17/5/8/Leaver. There's was 4/4/5/5/15. Why both of the level 17s were on the same team is beyond me. Shouldn't be too hard to write a piece of code that does the math really quick and makes the team have as close of averages as possible. But again, 35-6. Complete one sided domination no chance of a comeback just waiting until time to surrender. No fun for either team.
Yah indeed. Crying about i pwnd you or. You noob. Enc no fun.

LahooZaher

01-03-2010

2 games tonight. Won both pretty easily. Didn't bother with the first but here are the stats for the second.

My team. 17/17/11/21/13 with 28 kills.

There team. 7/19/9/5/8 with 12 kills. And they didn't take a single tower.

Why the client couldn't say, swap their level 9 with our level 21 to even it up a bit or other simple things like that I don't know. Its not like it would be a complex chunk of code, just a simple bit of math.

The match was really boring since we could tell we were going to win 5 minutes into it, just messed around from there waiting until they surrendered.

LahooZaher

01-03-2010

And my very next match.

My team. 17/11/11/26/30 with 19 kills

There team. 22/14/23/28/20 with 44 kills.

Complete beatdown.

LahooZaher

01-03-2010

First game of tonight.

5 to 24 kills. Almost a 5x difference.

LahooZaher

01-03-2010

Next game

Team 1: 18/11/16/7/10 with 13 kills

Team 2: 20/10/7/29/21 with 42 kills, over 3x the amount.

Team 2 has 3 players over level 20, team 1 has none.

So i have catalogued 5 games so far. In all of them the winning team has at LEAST over twice the kills of the losing, and sometimes as much as 5 or even 6 times the mount of kills as the losing team. Why can't this game have any close, neck and neck matches?

LahooZaher

01-04-2010

Team 1: 18/10/10/15/15, an average of 13.5 with 7 kills
Team 2: 23/15/7/26/30, an average of 20.2 with 27 kills.

So team 2 was an average of 7 levels higher and had 4x the kills.

I'm going to keep posting all the results of my matches in this thread and I encourage other people to do the same.

LahooZaher

01-04-2010

Team 1 18/13/22/23/13, an average of 17.8 with 70 kills.
Team 2 7/7/26/20/11, an average of 14.2 with 28 kills.

12345 ... 6