@riot, clear this up for me, woulda?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLr8Do0M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Hey, my friend thinks that AP affects your hits on towers...

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but seeing a few arguments for it, I'm kinda wondering...
Does it?

If someone with riot credentials could clear up our debate once and for all, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Kagetenshi

12-31-2010

It does.

More AP = More damage to towers.

You can test this yourself in a practice game.

Zebaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

AP has no bearing on auto attack damage, and that's all that works on towers. so no, AP does not do anything to towers

edit: haha oops, i did not know that

Crobot

12-31-2010

AP does indeed modify the damage you deal to towers, but not Minions or Champions.

PingZaid

12-31-2010

it does

Camera

12-31-2010

Only if you're Udyr.

Fated Ataraxia

12-31-2010

AP does affect your tower damage by a certain ratio. It used apply with physical damage, but this made certain hybrids too strong as pushing so tower damage takes the higher of the two.

xiiUndeadEwok

12-31-2010

I have always noticed (usually as Kennen), but that when I have really high AP that sometimes I get crazy amount of damage on turrets. Actually, I can't remember if it was only inhibitors or if it worked on turrets too.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

12-31-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

When you attack a tower you deal your base attack damage + your bonus attack damage -or- a % of your AP for your total damage. I recall it being ~ 40%. It exists to make AP characters capable of pushing a tower. It works this way on all structures.

Morzas

12-31-2010

It used to be both your bonus AD and 40% of your bonus AP. They changed that because it was making Kayle too good at wrecking towers. Now it's just the higher of the two.