Was trying out ARAM.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyouri

12-31-2010

Hadn't really done this before, and I've been very curious.
These were not good experiences.
I doubt I'll do so again unless it becomes a standard game type at some point in the future.

I've won almost all the games I've played, but it was mostly because there was not a single game without a leaver or two.
On top of that, people are trolls, and you get people of very different skill levels. (I have yet to see a Tristana do anything better than 0/10 either, don't know whats up with that.)

Anyway, standard rules I've seen are 'No stacking items, No guardian angel, and no going back unless you die.'
These rules seem fine, and it seems like it would really be a fun game type if it was playable in non practice games. (Though, I have to say there is not nearly as much strategy involved.)

So, on to the point. In my last game (4v5, the leaver was on our team this time.) we got aced at one point. Three of the enemy team proceeded to suicide on the tower on our side so they could go get items in town. I called them out on it, saying that was really unsportsmanlike, finding some small way to wriggle around the rules like that. (You aren't allowed to go back until you die)
I got mostly... er... straight insults back, and that continued for the rest of the game. Very very frustrating to just be flamed for 15 minutes, especially while losing a 4v5. Anyway, my question for you is: Is suiciding like that considered fair normally in ARAM? Heck, or even do you feel that's breaking the rules?

I was polite in calling them out on it, and getting nothing but insults back was disheartening, but I do want to know if I was in the wrong in calling them out for that. (Though, I feel the result was still unjustified.)

Hyphinated

12-31-2010

ARAM Is a waste of time when there are lame cheaters.

so play it with your friends only.

LoL Nimmo

12-31-2010

dude que dodge is super important in aram. You're supposed to leave if you have a horrid team comp. 4v5 doesnt mean much you have better xp/gold and ur hugging turret i think

CHANLA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2010

Every ARAM i've played, tower suicide is legal.

JunKx

12-31-2010

yes suicide is fair and allowed. its a part of the game. they still die, they just don't get you to kill them..thats the strategy of it.
they are giving up the opportunity to push and however long they will be dead for xp gold etc to get items. its a pretty fair trade off IMO anyway, i don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

global ults into towers are not allowed however. you cannot TF/panth ult into fountain just to die, you need to be at the closest alive turret. but stealth champs often are able to sneak by you and get killed by them, which is still fine

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

draft mid > aram.

their team luckily gets a soraka or heim = auto loss on aram. u might aswell dodge.

there are some sad individuals who create smurfs with no other champs bought other than free week ones and soraka, just to increase the odds of getting her in aram...

Kyouri

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimtion View Post
dude que dodge is super important in aram. You're supposed to leave if you have a horrid team comp. 4v5 doesnt mean much you have better xp/gold and ur hugging turret i think
To be fair, our trist was 0/12, so it was 3 and a feeder v 5.

Kyouri

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx View Post
yes suicide is fair and allowed. its a part of the game. they still die, they just don't get you to kill them..thats the strategy of it.
they are giving up the opportunity to push and however long they will be dead for xp gold etc to get items. its a pretty fair trade off IMO anyway, i don't see why people make such a big deal about it.

global ults into towers are not allowed however. you cannot TF/panth ult into fountain just to die, you need to be at the closest alive turret. but stealth champs often are able to sneak by you and get killed by them, which is still fine
I wouldn't really call it a fair trade, but if it's legal then I suppose I was wrong. Good to keep in mind. If I ever play ARAM again anyway. I haven't had a game out of 10 that wasn't ruined by leavers. Even if I'm just really unlucky, eh... I'll stick to regular games. I was even on the winning side most of the time, it just feels... unsatisfying to win a game like that.

Voyager I

12-31-2010

Suiciding is fine. Using globals/stealth to suicide is also fine (but you can't use globals to go b).

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Zorro View Post
ARAM Is a waste of time