vladimir vs fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-03-2011

I've played fiddle for a bit now, and I can definitely say he is NOT a nuker... If you crow storm into 5 enemies, expect to deliver 1 tick of damage. You aren't the carry.

Fiddle is a strong laner and jungler b/c of staying power. It's hard to gank fiddle early on, since his drain can out damage most toons who stick around for the entire effect. However about level 12 he tapers off... He becomes a silence and fear support toon. His job is to silence the casters, and fear the carry. If he can get a drain in to help the team take someone down, all the better. When things get bloody, the ult CAN be a game changer... but only when everyone's already focused on their targets, and mostly damaged.

I've gotten triple kills with fiddle in team fights b/c I can ult in to ensure 3 toons who are low health die instead of get away. He isn't an initiator, he isn't a tank mage, and he isn't a nuker. He's support, disable, and clean up.

dominite5

01-06-2011

cool but what does CC mean?

bobarabara

01-06-2011

Fiddle plus galio/amumu is ridiculously fun- ulti in first make them think your suicidal, then zhonyas- amumu/galio come and ult them while they think they can kill you- team cleans up

Mezmrick

01-06-2011

Fiddlesticks is just terrifying. If I were to run into either of them in real life I chose Vlad, something about the way Fiddle runs... haunting just haunting.

VonLego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2011

Fiddlesticks shines in the team fights... not sure how anyone can say differently. Between his fears, bouncing silence, and ridiculous AOE... he causing all hell to break loose.

Vlad is a fine hero in his own regard, but don't discount fiddle "as the game goes on" by any means.

Keeperofthespork

01-13-2011

While I main as Vlad, my best friend mains as Fiddles and we have talked about this a few times.

1v1 Fiddles will tend to win against ALOT of characters early/mid due to his drain and CC.
Generally fiddles is an amazing ganker but needs to be used with thought, working amazingly well as a jungler. In a Team fight he is amazing, you just cant jump in first, let others use their openers, silence > jump in. That way you avoid the alpha and can take ALOT more health off with crowstorm, though odds say you die.

Survival wise Vlad shines through, but his biggest strong point is his amazing laning/last hit skills. If you combine these you basically own your lane. Basically his playstyle is "last hit, harass, repeat until enemy is low > ghost > ulti > gank." but unless he gets a decent amount of gold from laning, he feels crippled late game, and expect your damage to taper off later game anyways.

In closing, if you enjoy harass/towerdiving/faster game-play pick up Vlad (use warmongs and i shall cry), but if you prefer ganking/jungling and can handle not being a carry, choose fiddles.

BunnyKiler

07-20-2012

all Im gonna say is that if you have fiddles and vlad on you team at the same time i dont think its possible to lose the game fidddle crowstorm,fear,drain+ Hemoplauge,vlad bloodpool=OP combo i mean i dont even think its possible to survive that!

Judas Priest

07-20-2012

Fiddlesticks and Vladimir are my two main and favorite champions in LoL. Vlad can be a beast in Twisted Treelines (Classic 3x3), due to the low number of people that will try to gank you. When I play it correctly, the enemies can't kill me even once, my final stat is X/0/Y. In Crystal Scar (Dominion), seriously, there is no champion better than Fiddlesticks. The combo I do with Deathfire Grasp, Fear, Hextech Gunblade and Drain will kill even their tank. His ult is not so important as in classic games, but it is still important to deffend turrets and to gank near top turret. And in the Summoner's Rift (classic 5x5), I find it difficult to tell... Fiddlesticks is slow, so if you solo mid you will have a bad time trying to scape ganks. I find it hard to counter teemo too, since he is faster and has a higher range than Fid. Maybe he is really more suitable to jungle. And Vladimir is awesome, but I usually only get assists and a few kills (if any) - maybe I'm just not playing it correctly. You must be careful in team fights, because if everybody focus on you (and sometimes it really happens), you'll get killed very fast. His ult is very useful too. The killing combo I use for 1x1 is autoattack, Q, R, ignite and W, then E and another Q. If you have time, you can E before the pool too.

ks5bns

09-29-2013

in mid lane vlad is better at surviving ganks. Your very close to tower and pool means u reach it with ease. Fiddle is very good to but vlad is better at that.

but saying that if ur fid vs vlad in mid expect vlad to just farm .. Because he has no real chance to beat fiddle.
fiddle sticks is more game changing a well timed ult wins team fights. Vlads ult has a similar effect but fiddles ult but if timed right can change a team fight more then vlad ult timed right.
Fiddle has way more cc then vlad but vlad is extremely tough to kill and deals good damage too and never has to worry about mana
I my self prefer vlad over fiddle though