vladimir vs fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulgreth

01-03-2011

With a good team, Fiddlesticks
With a bad team, Vlad

Wulgreth

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
Are the five people on the other team just standing there with their monitors off for you, then? :P If they have the slightest coordination, you will often be focusfired (even through 3k HP) or crowd controlled at the least..
That's why you have Dark Wind. Crowstorm, Dark Wind silence means they all jam their CC buttons uselessly. So, to answer your sarcastic question seriously, no their monitors aren't off...but their keyboards are

Superdadd

01-03-2011

I’ve played quite a bit with fiddlesticks, and I can agree with a lot of posts in this thread…

If you 3-0 with him and buy a mejai’s you are probably going to go 20-0-X if you understand one thing…. After level 12ish, he becomes SUPER FRAGILE. At that point, you always want to be the 5th farthest person away from the team fights. Your job after level 12 is to stay back, fear their carry, silence whoever you can, and ult from far away with a fully stacked mejai. Just must fully understand that no matter how fed you were early game, you are still a paper plate at level 18 comparitives. Any melee carry will literally 2-shot you.

Play aggressively until level 12 – especially if you are getting fed. Play defensively from 12-18.

You go from early harassment/ganker to fragile support very quickly, and it’s important to know when this transition occurs.

Early game, go boots of mobility, terror/drain, and gank people. Stack Mejai’s if you can. Kill dragon at level 5, and everytime it’s up afterwards. Gank until level 12, then afterwards, trade those boots for sorc shoes, or merc treads, and play super super cautiously.

IMO a good fiddle has a greater potential to win the game than a good vlad. It’s a lot harder for vlad to go 9-0-X by level 10, and in teamfights, vlad doesn’t disrupt as much as fiddle. People always talk about crowstorm in teamfights, but don't underestimate the damage that terrify on carry, and silence their whole team can do. IMO crowstorm in teamfights is a cleanup spell, not an initiating spell. So many bad fiddles go crowstorm/blink/immune ring, then 2 seconds later they get 2-shot and it's 4v5 with surprisingly little damage done.

Shatterlight

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdadd View Post
People always talk about crowstorm in teamfights, but don't underestimate the damage that terrify on carry, and silence their whole team can do. IMO crowstorm in teamfights is a cleanup spell, not an initiating spell. So many bad fiddles go crowstorm/blink/immune ring, then 2 seconds later they get 2-shot and it's 4v5 with surprisingly little damage done.
This is my point here. Crowstorm is nice. I'm not saying it isn't. But Fiddlesticks is there for his silence and his 3 second fear.

Wulgreth, Dark Wind DOES have the potential for 12 seconds of silence spread out around the team. But consider that most champions in this game have SOME form of crowd control. Those that don't, can get Frozen Mallet/Randuin's Omen/Rylai's Crystal Scepter, giving them a soft CC no matter what role they play. And Dark Wind will RARELY hit all five champions, and even rarer hit them ALL before they can get a spell off. And even if it does, most teams I see have at least two carries. You Terrify one, and the other can still do their 500-600 damage crits on you just fine.

Crowstorm is a great spell. It makes you feared in the earlygame. It is a more than decent ultimate in the lategame. But is it the main job of Fiddlesticks? No. Will you get pentakills everytime you use it if you build as a nuker? Not if you get roflstomped first. You have to be smart with it, and often that DOES mean using it to clean up the last two or three guys once you've made absolutely sure their carry is out of the fight.

If I recall correctly, Terrify is a 10 second cooldown now? With 40% CDR, thats 6 seconds, with the duration being 3 seconds. I'd prefer to stay alive, and make sure someone on their team is spending 50% of their time running in circles worthlessly, than Crowstorm into the middle of their mostly deadly people and get gibbed in 2.4 seconds.

hydrogencar

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAstaraelx View Post
Vlad is much better at surviving ganks thanks to his W ability. He is also very good at laning. I only ever pick fiddle if I want to jungle. He is an excellent jungler (being able to do dragon at level 3). They're both very good but I find it easier to carry a team as vlad rather than fiddle. Vlad can get a lot of HP and still dish out a ton of damage. Fiddle is a lot more fragile but if you have a good team he can be devastating. Fiddle's jungle allows him to snowball well with some ganks. But if you're going to get fiddle be sure to grab flash so you can ulti+flash across a lane from the brush.
He's not better at surviving ganks. He's good at it but not better. Fiddle is all like: LOL 3 sec fear in your face. Or his silence. Which, as soon as you get some AP, hits for 200 easily while bouncing 8 times. It's extremely powerful. And yeah I completely agree on the jungle part.

Shatterlight

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogencar View Post
He's not better at surviving ganks. He's good at it but not better. Fiddle is all like: LOL 3 sec fear in your face. Or his silence. Which, as soon as you get some AP, hits for 200 easily while bouncing 8 times. It's extremely powerful. And yeah I completely agree on the jungle part.
Small correction: Has 10 bounces at rank 10. And ya, doesn't even take a beastly amount of AP to do well over 200 a bounce. I get it with Rod of Ages, Sorcerors Shoes, Rylais Scepter, and my runes and masteries.

You don't have to put yourself in danger to do good damage.

Jacks Love Taint

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post

Wulgreth, Dark Wind DOES have the potential for 12 seconds of silence spread out around the team. But consider that most champions in this game have SOME form of crowd control. Those that don't, can get Frozen Mallet/Randuin's Omen/Rylai's Crystal Scepter, giving them a soft CC no matter what role they play. And Dark Wind will RARELY hit all five champions, and even rarer hit them ALL before they can get a spell off. And even if it does, most teams I see have at least two carries. You Terrify one, and the other can still do their 500-600 damage crits on you just fine.
While it's true that I over simplified it, it is a counter point to the much more simplified example that I responded to where somehow:
A) All 5 enemy champs have CC that can stop crowstorm and;
B) All enemy champs will immediately and instantaneously react to Crowstorm and;
C) None of YOUR team uses any of their CC

Every single one of these assumptions is silly.

Your re-post, while better than the original, still carries, imo, unrealistic assumptions.

Consider that the team fight is still going on and you aren't trying to solo 5 people. You can talk about soft CC but do you think someone is going to sit in the crowstorm and hit me with Rylais effects? pssshaw. More power to him.

It is true that silence is a little unpredictable but it's more predictable than what people will do when they are in the midst of a teamfight, half are silenced and jamming their buttons, not even realizing they are silenced, half their ults are down from the ongoing fight, your team is in their fighting with them, everyone has their own plan and agenda...pshht, it just doesn't work like you say.

Shatterlight

01-03-2011

Hey, play him how you want I guess. I think pretending Fiddlesticks is a nuker is a silly presumption. I assume the enemy has enough intelligence and reaction time to recognize that the soft little caster in the middle of their group is the best target, and there is a very large ammount of crowd control in this game. I don't believe either of those is a silly statement.

Assuming everyone is an unintelligent little monkey, mindlessly "jamming their buttons", is a sure way to get butt****ed in my opinion.

InfestOreo

01-03-2011

Vlad is funnier to play because of LOLPOOL.

Superdadd

01-03-2011

Vlad is pretty boring because all he can do is LOLPOOL runaway