Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

vladimir vs fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dominite5

12-31-2010

i am debating of who is a better mage. vlad or fiddle. both got life steal but who has better chance of dealing huge damage at the same time surviving ganks?

Its Billy Mays

12-31-2010

Vlad is much better at surviving ganks thanks to his W ability. He is also very good at laning. I only ever pick fiddle if I want to jungle. He is an excellent jungler (being able to do dragon at level 3). They're both very good but I find it easier to carry a team as vlad rather than fiddle. Vlad can get a lot of HP and still dish out a ton of damage. Fiddle is a lot more fragile but if you have a good team he can be devastating. Fiddle's jungle allows him to snowball well with some ganks. But if you're going to get fiddle be sure to grab flash so you can ulti+flash across a lane from the brush.

Arcanist

12-31-2010

Fiddlesticks is very good early game but gets worse as team fights start. Channeling abilities are bad because they can be interrupted.

Alex Pan

12-31-2010

I just typed up a whole novel and just lost it because i pressed Back. So here's a shortened version:

Fiddles:
Best 1v1 laner with OP Drain
Ult is devastating in team fights, even if you only hit 2 people
Ult -> Fear -> Drain in a team fight on an important person will easily land a kill from full hp
Requires much more coordination + good initiation
Much more fragile until Zhonya's
One of the fastest snowballing champions in the game. If he goes 3/0, you'll likely lose.

Vlad:
More consistent
Able to solo carry
Great laner, never have to base.
Able to land kills in lane and dive
Able to survive ganks much better
Great damage in team fights, but not as high as Fiddlesticks

Shatterlight

01-01-2011

I consider Vladimir a tank, and Fiddlesticks closer to support. They are both survivable magic users (due to both using lifestealing) but that really is where the similarities end, in my opinion. Fiddlesticks job is to toss out a Silence that'll bounce around and screw with everyones spell timing, and Fear the enemy carry, putting them out for a good three seconds. He is not a nuker. His damage is good midgame, sure, but lategame it doesn't scale as well, and you should be picking him for his silence and fear, not for uber1337dps.

Vladimir on the other hand, as a tank, has the goal of pissing people off and making them want to kill him (hopefully getting them to overcommit and die trying to get you), and slowing down enemy carries/protecting your own teams carry.

Lategame, neither one deals "huge damage". They both are the supporting players that make a teamfight a victory, although in different ways.

Titanic3

01-01-2011

Quote:
Khimaera:
I consider Vladimir a tank, and Fiddlesticks closer to support. They are both survivable magic users (due to both using lifestealing) but that really is where the similarities end, in my opinion. Fiddlesticks job is to toss out a Silence that'll bounce around and screw with everyones spell timing, and Fear the enemy carry, putting them out for a good three seconds. He is not a nuker. His damage is good midgame, sure, but lategame it doesn't scale as well, and you should be picking him for his silence and fear, not for uber1337dps.

Vladimir on the other hand, as a tank, has the goal of pissing people off and making them want to kill him (hopefully getting them to overcommit and die trying to get you), and slowing down enemy carries/protecting your own teams carry.

Lategame, neither one deals "huge damage". They both are the supporting players that make a teamfight a victory, although in different ways.

Hell no. Vladimir is NOT a tank, he is a beefy mage and should be built like one. Fiddlesticks silences everyone in a team fight - Yes
Fiddlesticks Fear that one runner or that one carry - Yes
Fiddlesticks lategame? - Once you have your items, you're looking at 3000+ health and ~500 AP. More than enough to ult in, take away everyone's HP bar, survive, then drain some poor sap to full health again.
Fiddlesticks not a nuker? - Somewhat, his ultimate is his nuke. An AoE nuke? YES please.

Vladimir, again, is not a tank. You run in after your tank, cast your ult, spam your Q and E, and when they decide to focus you, pool and drain all their health. If they're still alive, either it was a 2 v 5 or you just didn't spam enough. Vladimir late game hits like a truck with his Q.

And again, wrong. Late game, both deals huge amounts of damage. Fiddlesticks, with his gear does ~2800 damage with his ult, possibly ~2000 if people get MR, that's still a lot.

Vlad makes his team hits harder, then KS everyone after the enemy team is at 5% health. (I've seen, it was funny, both teams raged at Vlad).

Ichikaze

01-01-2011

Vlad is better mid-late game compared to fiddles,but fidds does outshine vlad early game,and can jungle(he is also better at taking dragon,even if vlad can easily do it at lvl 9).

Shatterlight

01-01-2011

Quote:
Titanic3:

And again, wrong. Late game, both deals huge amounts of damage. Fiddlesticks, with his gear does ~2800 damage with his ult, possibly ~2000 if people get MR, that's still a lot.

Are the five people on the other team just standing there with their monitors off for you, then? :P If they have the slightest coordination, you will often be focusfired (even through 3k HP) or crowd controlled at the least. The damage isn't bad, but champions like Veigar can do similar with their basic spells from a much safer distance, on a much shorter cooldown.

I havn't tried a nuker build for Vladimir, so perhaps I am off on that, just see most Vladimirs build him tankily, and it feels the most natural way to go. I can understand him being more a "Dr Mundo" style of caster, though.

MoLiva

01-01-2011

^^^Building him as a Nuker still keeps him very survivable due to his passive. I often sit with ~3800 hp at max lvl with an almost pure AP build. Not only does with cause Q to hit like a mack truck but it also heals for a ton as well, which helps with keeping yourself alive.

Booterang

01-02-2011

Vladimir is the better choice in most cases because fiddlesticks loses viability as the game continues while Vlad remains consistent. Vladimir is also a tanky mage, he is difficult to kill whereas 'brittle'sticks is infamously easy to kill when CC'ed.