Some Alistar Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

h46

12-31-2009

I've been playing Alistar for a while now and even though I don't consider myself anywhere close to good I notice some turnoffs when it comes to playing him, even though I love the idea of playing the champion.

The main problem is that he is an extremely poor farmer. I usually have the worst, or second to worst creep kills in the game, which greatly restricts my gold pool. Also, in many team fights, even though I contribute by soaking up the damage, headbutting a Nunu and stunning that Yi that's eating up our Ashe, I usually don't get more than 2-3 assists. It's hard for me to actually deal damage to everyone. This also contributes to the usual poor financial situation.

I think that the latter might be a problem for many tanks/support champions, as they are unable to "tag" everyone for assist. Maybe mere presence could count for an assist? And as to the specific problem of Alistar being a poor farmer, maybe the passive changed to "20% more damage to turrets and creeps" would prove effective?

Thanks!

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h46 View Post
The main problem is that he is an extremely poor farmer. I usually have the worst, or second to worst creep kills in the game, which greatly restricts my gold pool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h46 View Post
I usually don't get more than 2-3 assists. It's hard for me to actually deal damage to everyone.
These two parts from your post are some of the key problems Alistar has.

Your passive idea I actually do like, would make his passive not so underwhelming, and contributing to farming. The question being, would this apply to Neutral Creeps?

MMaddox

01-02-2010

I agree Alistar's passive should include creep damage. His farming ability is abysmal and puts him behind his team, and his base speed could use an up, as well - he's almost cripplingly slow.

Even if the passive applied to neutral creeps, his jungling ability would still be so bad that I don't think it would matter.

Aknar

01-02-2010

i dunno what to say about his passive buff,Alistar is already the 2nd best pusher in the game after sivir,not in the way that he clears creep waves quick but by building enormous armies of creeps by healing them lik'a hell

tCOperator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

I play Alistar more-or-less constantly, and I find that if I delay my first shopping trip to 2k gold, I come back with a Philosopher's Stone, Berzerker's Greaves and a Sapphire. If I wait until 2.9k, I've got the whole Sheen, rather than just the Sapphire. And honestly, while last hitting is a pain, I don't find I'm struggling on assists or kills; at level 3, it's time for me to start setting up a fair number of kills for my lanemate.

What's even better is that many times a guildie will choose to play Rammus, and we lane together; we'll frequently get first blood, and start stacking kills early. Unfortunately, you can't get Quints of Avarice until Summoner lvl 20, so I don't know what else to suggest.

raxx

01-02-2010

Perhaps a small passive splash for Alistar would solve both problems? But I'd gladly settle for the bonus creep damage. Even level 18 Alistar can't do much besides stomp -> wait for stomp cooldown -> stomp -> wait again -> stomp to kill a group of minions with his pitiful damage and speed. However as another poster said, it could be imbalanced by the fact that he can build up a massive creep army with roars.

Hexed

01-03-2010

Gold is tight on Alistar, and farming can be a pain, I agree. However I don't find myself struggling to get assists ever. Most games I tend to have the most assists out of anyone on my team, unless there is a Sivir nearby, and even then, we're close to tied. If you're initiating and getting proper Pulverizes off and heabutting the right targets, you will do a ton of Enemy tagging via disables and thus rack up quite a few assists. In fact, I tend to get more assists on Alistar than any other champ I play, Support, Tank, or DPS.

Worstcase

01-03-2010

Three Greater Quintessences of Avarice x3 means 3 gold per 10 seconds. Decided that I awnted to take a good look into this and see if it really would be a good idea, and I agree it is probably the best idea since you don't need 100+ health on Alistar. Maybe trying out a quick Heart of Gold or two might work as well, there's really no other options past this however.

BoxmanFTW

01-03-2010

With proper last hitting and with some assistance of teammates for the kills I often find myself 12-15 (ideally) min in the game going back to base and building 2 and a half heart of golds. That usually rounds out the much needed gold to farm Alistar some real items (though I have noticed that Alistar isn't that item dependent unlike other champs to be fully functional) usually I rush a banshees and thats all I need to function as my job (a walking bulldozer)

grim1

01-03-2010

As my favorite tank I can definitely say his farming is abysmal. The main reason I don't play him when my team needs a tank is if I don't feel like dealing with the money struggle. The suggestion for his passive would greatly help and perhaps a reduction on the CD and mana cost of headbutt so that it can be used for last hits (No reduction for Pulverize because it's an area affect pop up/stun/damage. Don't want to make it OP)