Countering Udyr at Solomid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Alright, I have playing this game since the closed beta way back and usually I play Ashe. I played Drow Ranger in DoTA so that's why. On to the more important thing.

I have not been able to stop Turtle Stance Udyrs at solomid. At first I tried harassing, like I do with pretty much every other champion. This proved pointless because of the Turtle Stance. Then, I tried requesting ganks. Almost every time, the Udyr was able to escape because usually for a successful gank you need to have your target down at least to 65% health (or lower). I was not able to do this and Udyr's Phoenix Stance easily helped him to escape. So, I tried to outpush Udyr with volley and just go for the turret. I thought there was no way for Udyr to outpush Ashe, impossible. My first try, it started to work, but any time I got near the turret the Udyr would simply let all the minions hit him with turtle stance and take them out. Or, he'd retreat enough in turret range and if I dared attack the turret he'd hit me with Phoenix Stance.

So, basically, Udyrs farm up a ton of creep kills and push down my turret. They're able to harass me enough to get in a good gank, maybe. If I play reserved, the turret is down. I can't think of anything else to do at this point. He's basically invincible against me at solomid AND can outpush me AND can outharass me. What the freak.

mermin

12-31-2009

yea udyr is so hard to kill lol and plays as a stunner

Synxxx

12-31-2009

Play Sivir. She's pretty much the only one who can outlane him without getting chased down.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

seriously? udyr can be out-laned by any ranged char. he can't exactly chase you without getting attacked by your minions.

among the champions, i suppose nidalee would be the hard counter.

Synxxx

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
seriously? udyr can be out-laned by any ranged char. he can't exactly chase you without getting attacked by your minions.

A good Udyr will EASILY keep you from from consistently last-hitting mobs unless you're soloing mid as annie or something.

He can pretty much instantly get on top of you and stun you in bear, and turtle shield will absorb the pitiful few hits your minions will do to him.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:

Not true. Trust me, I've played about 250 games including those I've played in the closed beta and 90% of those have been at solo mid. A good Udyr has no problem running through creeps to phoenix stun you. Why does the damage you take matter when you will regain it in Turtle Stance while you are invulnerable?

DragonArmy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
Not true. Trust me, I've played about 250 games including those I've played in the closed beta and 90% of those have been at solo mid. A good Udyr has no problem running through creeps to phoenix stun you. Why does the damage you take matter when you will regain it in Turtle Stance while you are invulnerable?
I hate Ashe's that can only solo mid. It's like they think that they deserve it or something..

Stormsoul

12-31-2009

Quote:

Nidalee is one of the easiest champions to lane against as udyr, imo... you can completely ignore her spear/auto attack with turtle and if she switches to cougar and you're losing a battle just rotate between turtle/bear and you'll get away.

A good Udyr has no problem running through creeps to phoenix stun you

er... phoenix is a dps stance, perhaps you mean bear?

I hate Ashe's that can only solo mid. It's like they think that they deserve it or something..

have to agree with this, but only because i find that ashe is a subpar carry and someone else with more carrying/ganking potential would do better in mid such as TF. Rushing ashe to 6 for the arrow can be nice but i think in the long run she's not too great in mid. She's a monster in the side lanes though, with ashe + 1 other harassing me i can't just turtle through it and i get money starved as udyr.

IHaveCrayons

Recruiter

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonArmy View Post
Are you talking about me? Because I hate soloing mid. I've done it so many times now. If anyone asks for solomid I immediately say yes. But, if there's no character that can do it I usually take it. My bad. I find the bottom and top lanes to be much more fun and I think I am more effective. This is all totally off topic.

DragonArmy

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
Are you talking about me? Because I hate soloing mid. I've done it so many times now. If anyone asks for solomid I immediately say yes. But, if there's no character that can do it I usually take it. My bad. I find the bottom and top lanes to be much more fun and I think I am more effective. This is all totally off topic.
Your a good man and I now respect your post a lot more.