[Questions] Trouble with Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolfheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

So, summoner level 22, played the game for a few weeks now. I can do great on a good few champions, but I'm wanting to up my skill on Warwick, he was my first ever hero purchased, but as pretty much everyone knows now he's UP as hell compaired to the other DPS champs. On games where my team and the other are equally.. not bright, I can do pretty well, as I'm left alone. Now, on games with a good enemy team, which almost ALWAYS have Eve on it, I'm ganked when I attack the golem. I'll back off when I see them go MIA, but then they return when I go to lane. Second I leave the lane, they go MIA again. Eve will almost always stay in the jungle and attack me, or they'll kill all the creeps to deny me. If I go to lane, I'm more than a little useless, and often my team yells at me to go back to jungling as I'm 'stealing xp', which results in me dying in the woods, which turns to them yelling at me for feeding... Exactly what is a Warwick suppost to do in these situations?

Kiraeyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

I haven't had people yell at me for not jungling as Warwick because I generally don't. First thought though that comes to mind is if there is an Eve walking around nomming you, go buy an Oracle potion so you can keep being on the lookout for her while jungling.

If all the creatures are dead and you need to gain levels, then kill the creeps coming at you (hopefully this is in a solo lane).If not in a solo lane, help kill the creeps anyways. It's a TEAM game and you are not stealing XP.

Parkinsonian

Recruiter

12-31-2009

I like to jungle, and when the enemy creeps are pushing against my tower, to defend. In this way, you can get a little more exp while offering some help in the laning phase. That way, your "lanemate" doesn't feel as much pressure to hold the lane as he/she normally would.

Wolfheart

12-31-2009

While I can see what both of you enjoy, that doesn't help my initial question.. If someone is camping the jungles and hunting you down, with Warwicks complete lack of escape ability or real defense, should I just switch to full time laning and deal with people yelling at me, or just hope they don't find me?

ithian

12-31-2009

I'd suggest (if you can afford it) investing in a few sight wards, planting them around vital spots like dragon, golems and lizards. That way you know when they're up, gives good gank prevention and will help you when farming to know when to run b/c they're coming.

If they're doing a great job of denying you any jungling then lane. Jungling is only effective if you do a good job at it. No point in being level 5 when everyone else is 9 or 10 because you were getting screwed over on the buffs. You'd have a rough start laning, but hopefully just assisting/picking off weak heroes you'd be able to get a decent amount of gold and items along with everyone else.

Micar

12-31-2009

Yeah that can be tricky and when your jungling you dont want to spend 400 on an oracle which may prove useless anyways.

I would suggest if theres an eve harressing just stick to your lane and jungle quickly for the lizard and golem buff or some safer ones like the wolves and ghosts inbetween waves and shiz so your lane partner can get slightly ahead and you still make some gold. I havnt tried that but im sure it would work, as long as you dont spend 100% of your time in the jungle.

Basilisk9466

01-01-2010

I'm a little surprised that Eve can give WW trouble. I'd have thought that with an oracle up, Infinite Duress would rape her.

I have little experience with either Warwick or Jungling, so I can't say much beyond what's already been mentioned.

zoau

01-01-2010

in jungle, flash is the number one ecape skill, theres always some wall that takes ages to run around and if you jungle often, you know where that is. also you dont really need rally AND smite to jungle, just let the top/bot lane player (who you do the favor of jungling so hes solo) help you get buff, he will still be in lane in time for waves AND the lvl 1 stealth attacker/buff stealer will maybe think twice about pulling that off. also if you see a evelynn/etc player leave his lane on minimap he probably wants you to think hes coming to you and is going back to lane for a kill or shopping new shoes in base. or he is playing eve because its on free rotation and he got owned so hard by her last game.